Chapter 6

This night's flight felt sadder than usual. Charles, Lando, and Daniel had all accompanied Elenore to the airport. As soon as she had gotten through security, she saw that Lando had sent her a text:
I packed some of my shirts in your bag, just to be sure that you won't forget me.
She had no idea when they had started to become this flirty, but she didn't mind. Actually, that is a lie; she loved it. She constantly felt like she was walking on clouds. But she knew that nothing would happen between them. Elenore wouldn't survive a long-distance relationship, and she had promised Charles to never date one of his friends again, and she was planning on keeping that promise. But she couldn't help but dream about what life could be if she and Lando had actually worked.

Opening her apartment door and being greeted by silence and darkness made her feel empty. She regretted leaving; she regretted that she hadn't hugged Charles tighter and that she hadn't told him about everything regarding Pierre. She felt horrible for using Pierre in the way she did; she knew that he liked her, but she didn't like him, at least not in that way. But she also felt horrible about being alone; she hated it. The way that Lando comforted her during her nightmare made her feel so safe; she had never experienced that feeling before. She felt tears running down her cheeks; it was getting hard to breathe. She was having another panic attack. She sat down, leaning against her front door as she gasped for air. Tears were now streaming down her cheeks. The only thing that came to her mind was Lando, she had to call him. She needed him. 

"El?" She had managed to get her phone up and call him on FaceTime. But she couldn't respond; she couldn't breathe.
"Elenore? What is going on?" His voice was filled with concern. "Elenore, are you okay?" She could hear him starting to get scared, so she managed to force a "mhm" out. But then it was back to gasping for air.
"You are having a panic attack; please sit down and try to breathe." I know that it is scary, but you will not die; trust me." She was crying so hard that she couldn't breathe, and she was for sure going to die.
"Please, come," she managed to say between the sobs. "Please Lando." She didn't have to say much more because he had already messaged the Pilot of his private plane, and it was leaving in 45 minutes.
"Elenore, I will be there in three hours." He ran around his room, throwing all of his clothes in his bag.
"Thank you," she sniffed.
"Will you be okay with being alone for three hours?" She nodded; knowing that he was on his way eased her mind. 

When they hung up the phone, it dawned on Elenore that she was breaking the promise she had made with Charles all those years ago. She knew that if Lando came here she would do exactly what she swore to not do, she would fall for him.