Chapter 36

Lando had to admit. Being tipsy off champagne, sitting outside and looking at the sea, was quite romantic. And with her by his side, it was perfect. It was almost midnight, and as the moon shone it reflected in her eyes, the only thing he could think about was how absolutely perfect she was. Her beautiful green eyes, how her hair moved in the breeze. God, he was so in love with this woman. All those months they spent apart, he thought that maybe he had fallen out of love with her, but no. His love for her was bigger than ever before. In the vast sky of his life, she was the guiding star, always leading him toward happiness and purpose.

"You are staring Norris," Elenore giggled, "I think you are drooling a bit." She teased. Lando laughed and looked at her.
"You are so beautiful," he smiled.
"Someone is tipsy," Elenore laughed and looked at him.
"Maybe, but I still think you are beautiful." He smiled cheekily.
"Thank you," she blushed.
"I made you blush," he teased. "I made you blusshhhh," he giggled drunkenly.
"You are so annoying," Elenore sighed, fighting back a smile.
"I know you love it," he winked.
"Sadly I do," she smiled softly.
"I knew it," he leaned back and looked out over the sea. "I used to sit out here every single night after we broke up," he sighed.
"You did? Why?" Elenore moved closer to him.
"I just sat here and thought about you, how you were, and if you ever thought about me." He looked at her softly, "Did you ever think about me?" He whispered.

Elenore moved closer and cupped his face,
"I thought about you every single second of the day," she whispered. "Lando I am so sorry for what I did, but I want you to know that me and Pierre, I only did it because I saw you with some girl and I was jealous. I know it doesn't excuse it-"
"Some girl?" Lando looked at her confused, "You mean Isabella? My very close and gay friend?" He raised his eyebrows.
"Oh my god-" she gasped "But she was all over you,"
"Because she was drunk and she was trying to tell me about her girlfriend," he chuckled lightly "Were you jealous?"
"I am an idiot," she mumbled, "For fuck sake,"
"You are my idiot," he kissed her forehead, "I can't blame you. I mean I was fuming when I saw you making out with Pierre, I basically stormed out of there."
"If it makes you feel better, I was imagining I was making out with you when I was with Pierre," she whispered and blushed.
"You did?" Lando smirked and pulled her into his lap, she was now straddling him.
"Maybe," she laughed lightly and wrapped her arms around his neck.
"May I kiss you? He whispered.
"Now why did you have to sound so proper, you ruined the entire mood." She laughed and threw her head back.
"Come here," he put a hand behind her head, "Now, can I kiss you?" He whispered. Their noses were touching and Elenore could feel his hot breath against her lips.
"Mhm," she swallowed hard.

He smiled before he leaned in and kissed her. Elenore smiled into the kiss and let her hands fall down his back, where she traced small circles on the small of his back. As he pulled away and looked at her, he smiled so widely.
"Now we can forget about Pierre," he whispered.
"Pierre who?" She giggled and kissed the tip of his nose, "I only want you Lando, no one else."
"Good," he smiled.
"Now's the part when you say you only want me," Elenore giggled.
"Now why would I do that? Isn't this our first date," he smirked.
"You just ruined the entire thing," Elenore stood up and pouted.
"I'm sorry," he laughed. "Come back," he gestured at her to sit in his lap.
"Nope, I'm going to bed." She walked back inside.
"Come on," Lando groaned and followed her. She was in the living room, making the couch ready for her to sleep in it.
"Are you really going to sleep on the couch tonight?" He crossed his arms.
"Mhm, now turn around I want to change into my pajamas." She gestured for him to turn around.
"Come on El, I've seen you naked a million times." He chuckled.
"You have lost those privileges now," she blushed.
"I'm going to go and lay down in my comfortable bed," he chuckled and headed to his bedroom.

___________________

It was like three in the morning and Elenore just couldn't sleep. The couch was uncomfortable as hell, it was too fluffy, and it made her back hurt. And it was too narrow so she couldn't lay as she wanted. But worst of all, it was cold. She didn't have someone by her side, holding her closely and snoring into her ear. She wrapped the blanket around her and shuffled to the bedroom, she opened the door carefully and looked at Lando who lay spread out on the big bed. He was asleep so she decided to lay down on the far edge of the bed.
"I knew you'd cave," he whispered and pulled her close.
"I would never," she whispered and snuggled into his chest.
"Goodnight darling," he kissed the top of her head.
"Goodnight," she smiled softly.

This was where she belonged, in his arms. There was no safer place than this. He is her mountain of strength, unmoved by the storms, providing shelter in the valleys and breathtaking views at the peaks.