Chapter 8

"Goodmorning." Lando opened his eyes and was met by a smiling Elenore.
"Morning." He smiled and rubbed his eyes.
"Did you sleep well?" She was sitting on the edge of the bed, lightly playing with his curls.
"I slept wonderfully, you?"
"I slept like a baby."
Lando sat up and looked around the room, looking for his hoodie that he had been wearing the day before. But he quickly noticed that it wasn't where he placed it last night; it was actually in a completely different spot. Elenore was wearing it.
"Heeey, that's mine." He said it in a joking way.
"Nope, it's mine." She laughed and wrapped her arms around his neck.
"Unfair, you look better in it." He grabbed her by her waist and pulled her close to him.
"And you look better without it," she said cheekily. Lando felt his cheeks flush and his smile grow even wider.

______________________

"Hey El?" Lando was standing in her bedroom, trying to pack his bag.
"Yeah?" She walked into the bedroom and leaned against the doorframe. She looked at his bag and laughed. He had thrown all of his clothes into his suitcase, not even caring to fold them.
"Have you seen my toothbrush?"
"Have you looked in the bathroom?" She laughed lightly and sat down beside him.
"Ahhh, smart," he said as he stood up and walked to the bathroom.
"I found it!" He said triumphantly.
Elenore let out a laugh and started emptying out his suitcase.
"Hey, what are you doing?" He looked at the empty suitcase with a puzzled look.
"I am helping you pack, Lando." She picked up a shirt and folded it.
"You really don't have to." He sat down beside her and looked at the pile of clothes beside her.
"Yes, I do; you can't actually pack your suitcase like this." She once again laughed lightly while picking up another shirt.
"Are you joining me for the weekend?" His voice was filled with hope.
"I would love to, but what would I tell Charles?" She didn't look up from the pile of shirts.
"That you want to start coming to the Grand Prix again? Maybe you have writer's block and need to think about something else. Or maybe-"
Elenore interrupted his rambling with a kiss. The fact that he cared that much about her coming made her feel all bubbly inside. As she pulled away, they both had a big smile on their faces.
"I'll come with you."
"Perfect," his smile widend.
"Now scram; you can't pack for the love of God." They both laughed.
"Fine, I'll make lunch." He stood up and kissed the top of her head.
"When you say make lunch—?"
"I'll order it,"