19|| where is the diamond?

We circle the mansion, moving towards the gathering

We circle the mansion, moving towards the gathering. As we get closer, the once delicate gathering takes on a sudden wildness under the starry dark night sky. Just a few minutes remain to welcome the new year, explaining the tipsiness of those wolves dancing around - high on drugs, high on alcohol, high on ego.

I still can't believe her. How can she come to such a place, threatening her security? Her friend? I knew the moment she lifted her irises towards her brows, telling me her self-made story. Whenever she is lying, she tends to look upwards. Some habits never die. She has changed. Definitely not the frail girl I knew her as. Someone who looks confident in her own skin, not impulsive; moreover, she knows how to conceal her emotions. I breathe a proud puff of air. I'm sure she is a fighter. Her new self proves me right. However, she holds a canvas of secrets clenched in her fist, for which I have to uncurl her fingers.

We move closer, disguising ourself as one of the crowds, our arms hooked against each other. I roam my eyes all over the space, searching for Zubaid. He was nowhere to be found.

"People are looking at me weirdly." She whispers out.

Indeed, everyone was looking at us. Especially, her given how only her eyes peaked out from the black scarf. The scarf was for myself, so I could move easily out of the space, without my face being caught in surveillance camera. However, I plan to change it at the moment. Human trait. The scarf was one and two people at risk. I had to cover her face.

"A little late but atleast you know you're weird." I utter. She looks up, throwing her fiery glares at me.

"Where is your friend?" I bring out the question to mock her. I can feel her stiffing beside me. By the time, she comes with her own theory, diverting her attention, I look at the entrance where more guards placed themselves.

"My friend-"

"Leave it." I cut her off, knowing she was going to tell me her friend went early because of some issue. I drag her to the dance floor, where we were pretty well concealed by people. The soft music played in the background. I take her hands, intertwining our finger, which doesn't stop itself from spreading out a soft electric touch in my veins. The other hand goes down towards the curves of her hip, settling itself possessively. Our body moves rhythmically at the soft tunes coming out of the violin.