42|| Fate's choice: Dark or Light

Just know, I love you all:)

I don't believe in accidents

I don't believe in accidents. Accidents are the word for those who don't believe in the power of fate. I believe in fate. We don't meet people accidentally, in the realm of time, at that exact second and minute. It is the play of fate, which wants our soul to crash against the one written to meet us.

Years ago, if I hadn't been in the temple, I would never have been here. Reyansh would never have seen me, birthing the obsessive flower in his dead heart. I would always choose this life. All over again.

Probably I wouldn't have lost myself like the way I am now, in his eyes. Or maybe I had given up on the dull life. Depression had found its home in my head. It was all darkness, until he snatched me away from it.

There is darkness and light. Like black and white. And like life and death. It's either darkness or light, and either breath or no breath.

But what about those who are breathing but have lost every ounce of hope? They carry darkness in themselves as if they have never known what light is, even though they stand in flashy spots. What a tragedy if these elements coexist, finding confide in one place. Like in Reyansh.

He never craved for light. But he was always there to provide me with one, with his care. His love was the light for me, for I was never loved the way he did to me. Hence, I was never hurt like this, beyond repairs.

Darkness was his home, his breath, his warmth. Maybe that is why his eyes hold the darkest shade of brown, like the fair image of a black hole. It asks everything, but never shows it on the surface. He never learned emotions, maybe. Cruelty was what he saw and that's what he could offer.

And love is what he ever demanded from his parents, and to fill the aching gap of his dreams and desires, he showed it to me when he never knew what it was.

"Have you decided?"

I hum, then shake my head. "I can't."

"It's either the two of them."

"It's hard to choose."

I hear a sigh from the corner of the room, then the soft approaching thud of feet.

"Wear red, it suits you."

I crunched my nose, regarding Kavya with a look. "I don't want to draw any attention," I emphasized, focusing on the word attention.

She chewed on her mint gum, sliding her spectacles as she glanced down at the two dresses laid out on my bed, then back at me. "Wear the black."

Black was the prettiest dress my wardrobe could offer. Kavya thrust the dress at me, examining me once again. Maybe yesterday's trial was still not enough for her to memorize how the dress looked on me.

"It will probably attract attention," I whined.

She popped her gum. "Then wear a saree. The pink one?"