21|| reality

Eye beholds the mirror of a soul

Eye beholds the mirror of a soul. I read out.

My eyes remained focused on the page, which held the traces of one muted whisper to the world, in the form of deep coated rhythms of alphabet.

My expression hardened, a concentrating marred flaunting itself out.

"Ask me?" he whispered,

"What?" I expressed unsurely.

"Why I don't save the world, when I had the chance?"

His question catches me off-guard. Here, I was searching for the meaning of real monster and he saw himself in one.

I bite my lips, my finger turning the next page. A knock sounds on the door of my bedroom. My eye fleets from the book towards the door. I seat upright, pulling my legs to my chest, I ask the intruder to come inside.

Kabir's contagious smiles immediately brings one on my face. I shift a little, making him some space on the couch. Closing the book, with a bookmark I settled it on my lap.

"What brings you here?" I ask him.

He looks at me intensively, trying to read me. "What has happened to you Kiraz?"

I tilt my head, narrowing my eyes at him, "What has happened?" I keep my legs down, turning to face him properly, "I am completely fine."

"You don't look like to me. I have been observing you from past two days. First, I thought it's your mood swings, must be work pressure. But you never keep yourself so confined in your room. Whenever you are at home, you would always spend your time with Veer. However, that has changed. I am seeing the way your eyes wouldn't look at Veer without an urge of crying your guts out. Why you're not able to look at your kid, without having to look away in shame? You're a good mother-"

A cold sensation comes over from my core, reaching my eyes, hazing my vision.

"He is here, Kabir." I cry out, my body shaking.

"He?" he pulls his brows together, then uttering when he puts two and two together, "Reyansh?"

I nod, pressing my teeth on my lips, stopping myself to breaking out in cries. Kabir stands up agitatedly, ranking his hairs through his raven curls, "How? Did you meet him?"