22||lost

The pulsating music fades into the background, replaced by the pounding of my heart

A word full of devotion, kissed by hope, the fever of enigma spreading through my veins making my vision blur. The desire to vanish away fluttered out of me, leaving behind my oxygen.

Those cunning eyes, finding me in the crowd. Just looking at me, or maybe I am mistaken. He never looks at me. He consumes me through his eyes, glaring at my existence. Perhaps, after five years, that intensity remains, laced with enmity.

He looks at me. Accepted.

He devours me through his eyes. Okay. I love it.

But, nobody saw the dangrous spark burning in those dark black eyes, the obsession spreading out. Nobody told me, about his dangerous gaze which flips my inside in a crunch, feathering my pulsing heat, teasing me to be a good submissive girl.

Somebody, needs to tell him, not to look at me like that.

It won't take many passing days to drive me insane.

He made me fall in love with him, weaving a spell that soon had me addicted to the darkness within him.

He must have forgotten me and his love for me. Given how that pretty faced girl, hooked against his arms, te shine in her eyes ignored the realization that he was not listening at her, or perhaps she feigned ignorance to his lingering gaze fixed upon me.

I recognized her. She was the same girl whose picture Tavir has showed me three years back.

Tavir was not lying. A pang of jealousy ignited within, watching their connection unfold like an unwritten script, of which I had some link but I ignored it.

Despite my attempts to break fee, a magnetic force pins my gaze on him.

A firm nudge on my shoulder, making me stumble on my feet, breaking me from the trance. A slurred apology rings near my ears from the drunkard, head bobbing to the beats as he disappears into the crowd. I was too numb to feel anything, my eyes closing on its own.

I redirect my eyes to where Reyansh stood, now glaring at the crowd of people beside me, accompanied by his brother and their wives. All staring at me, with unfazed emotion, bitterness crawling on Vedansh and Amaira's which they failed in hiding.
"Kiraz," Kavya calls me, shaking me little by my shoulder, ushering me to dance with her. The loud music hitting in my eardrum. As an instinct, I blow out my suspended. My consciousness put in alert, as I turn my back to the family, who stood few inches away taking their own sweet time glaring at me.

"Veer," I whisper out, my eyes frantically searching for my boy. But no where Kabir and Veer were to be found.

"Kavya, where is Veer?" I shake my friend, shouting through the loud music. Kavya, stooped, calming herself down from the high of her spirit, turning her eyes to me.