04|| deal

The chilly winter night breeze gently caresses my face.

It's a tough night, the brisk wind feels almost demanding, pricking at my skin. Until you experience it, you don't grasp how it claimed others. I stand firm, arms and feet stretched out, the robust breeze turning my nose and ears numb.

I love pain, after a point it doesn't affect like the first time it did, we get used to it, and it doesn't hurt more, because the area has been numbed. That's how I found my solace in pain.

From this vantage point, everything appears miniature. Their lights twinkle, blinking into my eyes. I progress along the barricade, one step at a time.

I look up, the soaring building, sprightly lit in yellow, white light. The entire world, with its small hearted people, welcomed the Christmas. When I was a kid, I used to believe in Santa. That's what the school, every of my friend believed in. So, I believed them. I still remember, hanging a red sock, beside my bed, keeping a folded paper, which had my wishes written on.

Innocent thoughts, a tender heart filled with hope.

Until the age of five, everything was fulfilled but, my parent went in their depressing moment, and I called the heaven, did my list had too many wishes, did I ask too much?

Then, one day, reality struck. I woke up to the realization that what I believed was never meant to be believed. That's when I learned the true meaning of myth.

"You're here. I was searching you, everywhere." A soft, shrill voice called out.

I have my back faced to her, "Did you found me?"

"Yess. You're standing before me." She muse.

I smile. Standing in front of the mirror, I peer into my eyes. They're unchanged, yet a sense of familiarity has vanished, replaced by the gaze of someone new.

"Reyansh, you need to step down from there." She says, her heels clicking against the terrace floor.

"You need to get up here and see how it feels." I usher her.