05||lingering feelings

What if some day you are given the chance to visit the past you? What would you say to yourself?

My finger halts, the quote, suddenly started holding a meaningful echo in my mind, rather than a publicity advertisement for Christmas sale. Unknowingly, someday, some words, even if it doesn't carry much of an importance to other, but it surely does for you. That one makes you reflect, think and process, its heaviness.

Preserve.

That would be the one exact word, I will tell the old Kiraz.

Whatever happy moments and even the sad one where he sticked to you, just will tell her to hold on its bitter sweetness, treat it as a flower. Don't look for the future, and think it'll be more beautiful. Just think of the present and see it's more beautiful than your hope to see a bright tomorrow.

I skip the email, checking for an important one. It's 8p.m. I shut the laptop, placing it in my pursue, switching off the lights, and exiting the office room. I lock the room, waving bye to Meena aunty, the sweeper.

I punch the elevator, then knock over Priti's cabin, before peaking my head inside, "I will leave now."

"You should've left early." Priti fleets a glance at the table clock, before getting up from her seat.

I pass her a sheepish grin, "Well, I was checking the pamphlet design and didn't know how time passed."

"I am the manager you should've passed it to me."

"Boss role refrained me from passing it to you." I joke.

"Okay, good night and Merry Christmas." I wave her bye.

The elevator door opens, and I get inside. "Good night, Bosswoman, and Merry Christmas."

I smile at Rahul, wishing him back. The door slides open, the cold wintery gale hitting my naked skin. Maybe God heard my weather cursing, and to get back he reduce the temperature. The blue night sky, twinkling with million of star, a foggy nature hiding in some corner of the town. I turn back looking at Rayer, the blue, red light shining from the board. Situated in the heart of the city, Rayer unfolds its story through a modern and minimalist design.