cancer

The day was gloomy, the clouds were a dark kind of grey casting a darkness on the land. The sun was dipping below the horizon letting only the last remaining light being seen.

JJ was in the doctors office a nervous wreck. He was worried about the results of the biopsy. If it was good news the doctor would of called but they asked you to come in person to discuss the results.

JJ was practically pulling out his hair. He didn't know what to think. All he knew was that his girl was in there and she might be getting life altering news. All JJ wanted to do was be there for you.

JJ's breath hitched in his throat when he saw you walk out. You looked like you have been crying but you didn't want JJ to see that. You did your best to try and hide it. You stopped crying and wiped your face so you were able to walk out looking some what decent.

Looking at JJ who was waiting for you made your stomach drop. You were going to have to tell him the news. Your heart throbbed because you were going to break his heart, which was the last thing you ever wanted to do.

You made your way down the hall and into the waiting room. JJ smiled at you hoping that by some chance there was good news. You gave him a weak smile in return but you didn't want to give him false hope.

JJ waited for you to speak. You took a deep breath mentally preparing yourself for the conversation your about to have.

"I have Leukemia, blood cancer," you stated sadly.

"What?" JJ stood there mouth agape with his whole world coming crashing down.

"The cancer is in my blood."

"Is it treatable?" JJ asked.

"Yes but i can't afford it."

"So what happens now?"

"Well they said I could live for many years without treatment."

JJ was about to break. He couldn't even begin to think about you being gone. He couldn't do it. He wouldn't let his mind go there. The thought of loosing you made him go insane.

JJ sucked in his tears and said, "That's a pretty good chance."

"Yeah. I'm sure I'll beat the odds."

Your relationship with JJ was very special. The two of you loved each other very much. The love you shared could move mountains. You were always together. You had a closeness like no other. JJ always showed you compassion.

Now that you had cancer your relationship only improved. JJ was very attentive to your needs and he supported you a hundred percent. He took care of you and made sure you were as comfortable as you could be.

Despite having cancer you had a positive attitude. You wanted to remain strong for JJ.
The two of you decided to take a vacation. A small one just the two you. You wanted to get away and take your mind off things. The doctors said it was ok because you weren't going far.

You took a road trip to Myrtle Beach. It was about a 2 hour drive from Charleston. JJ wanted to treat you to something nice because you deserved it.

When you arrived at the hotel you were excited. The room was big and fancy and you were pleased.

"This is beautiful," you commented.

"Yeah it is," JJ replied.

"Thank you for bringing me here."

"It's no problem baby."

"Are you tired we could take a nap," JJ offered.

"Yeah maybe."