fling

"Are you ready to go to the Bonfire?" You asked.

"Why will Rafe be there?" JJ questioned.

"What" you stated flabbergasted.

"Is Rafe gonna be there?" JJ asked with annoyance laced in his tone.

"Are you kidding me JJ i'm not doing this with you." You narrowed your eyes at him.

"No Y/N, answer the question."

"Fine. I'm not sure, I mean I don't think so. Why does it matter?" You spoke crossing your arms.

"It matters because I know you had a fling with him." JJ countered.

"It wasn't anything JJ. It was just a fling." You stated.

"and that makes it so much better."

"I don't know what you want me to say. It was before you and me started dating, you know that right." You stated tired of his constant grilling.

After storming out on JJ you decided to go to the bonfire without him. It was nice to let loose and have some fun. Nothing too eventful happened while you were there. It was a basic party full of dancing and drinking.

The next day you found yourself at the château. The rest of the pogues were out on the porch. Your phone rested on a nearby table.
You were inside while your phone lay outside.

The pogues were sat chatting to each other when your phone went off. ding!

and then again.

and again.

and again.

JJ was getting suspicious so he went to pick up your phone. To his horror he saw 4 text messages all from Rafe.

Rafe: Hi beautiful

Rafe: Know that I still have feelings for you.

Rafe: Can we talk?

Rafe: Please I need to see you.

JJ was seeing red. He couldn't believe Rafe was texting his girl these type of things. How wildly inappropriate. He was fuming.

JJ got up and moved quickly to find you. When he entered the living room is when he found you.

"You still text with Rafe?" JJ shouted.

"What?" you hissed.

"I can't believe you still text him," JJ snapped.

"How do you know that?" you asked.

"I got your phone, but that doesn't matter."

"Really JJ," you deadpanned.

"Look I know you still talk to him and I need you to stop," JJ demanded.

"JJ I barley talk to him at all," you hissed.

"Block him," JJ started.

"If you hardly talk to him then you should have no problem blocking him," JJ snapped.

"Fine."

You took your phone out of JJ's hand and proceeded to block Rafe.

"There. See," you held your phone up so JJ could see that you blocked him.

"Thank you for doing that." JJ smiles.

"You know I only have eyes for you right? You have nothing to worry about," you spoke trying to reassure him.

JJ lifted the corners of his mouth and opened his arms. You gladly fell into him and wrapped your arms around him in a tight hug.

JJ stroked your head of hair and squeezed you to him.

"I love you and sometimes I just get scared i'm gonna loose you one day," JJ offered.

"Your not gonna loose me and I love you too."

—————

The rest of the pogues were at the wreck. You stayed behind to clean up from last nights party at the château. It had been a week since your fight with JJ and a week since you blocked Rafe.

You were outside when you herd crunching of leaves. You looked up and saw Rafe making his way to you.

"Rafe."

The way you said his name had him shuddering. He put his hands up in defense, "I just wanna talk."

"I have nothing to say to you," your tone dripped with hatred.

"Please just hear me out," Rafe spoke.

"Listen y/n, you drive me crazy and I think about you all the time. You stopped answering my texts."

"That's not my problem Rafe," you say.

"I just I can't take it anymore y/n. I want to be with you. You have to want to be with me too or else i'll just die," Rafe pleaded.

"I'm with JJ now. I don't like you like that anymore. So please leave your wasting your breath."

"Aw come on now JJ is a piece of shit I could treat you way better than him." Rafe stared at you with pleading eyes.

"Don't you dare talk about JJ like that. He's more of a man than you will ever be." You hissed getting angrier by the second.

"What you gonna do about it?" Rafe snarled.

"She's not gonna do anything. Me on the other hand I'm gonna kick your ass."

You saw JJ storming up the yard out of the corner of your eye. You knew things were about to go down. He came up in front of you trying to see if you were ok.

"Hey give y/n a hug for me." Rafe spoke to JJ.

"That's it!" JJ turned around and threw a punch at Rafe.

Rafe stumbled backwards holding his face.

"You little shit." Rafe screamed.

Rafe came up close and swung at JJ. The punch that Rafe threw at JJ, JJ dodged by ducking.

JJ tackled Rafe to the ground and started throwing punched left and right.

"Leave her alone!" JJ shouted between punches.

"JJ he's had enough!" you pleaded for him to stop.

Within minutes John B and Pope came over to the brawl. John B pulled JJ off Rafe and Pope held Rafe back.

Rafe's face was bloody and you covered your mouth in horror.

"Just go home," John B told Rafe as he pointed away from his house.

Rafe wiped his face with his sleeve. He just backed away nodding and eventually he was out of sight.

"You good JJ? Your not hurt are you?" John B asked.

"I'm good he didn't get me." JJ sighed.

JJ looked over at you and his heart broke a little. He didn't mean to scare you.

"You didn't have to do that," you pondered.

"Yeah I did." JJ responded.

"I don't think he's gonna be bothering you anymore," JJ reasoned.

"Come here." You had your arms outstretched waiting for him to embrace you.

JJ hugged you tightly.

"I love you," you whispered.

"I love you too y/n."