Right Here

https://lovelyjj.tumblr.com/post/688891870384979968/hiii-can-you-maybe-make-a-fic-where-the-reader

JJ's hands gripped at the back of his neck, as he paced back and forth on the bright hospital floor. About every 10 minutes he went up to the lady at the desk asking if there were any updates, "but ma'am you don't understand, my girl is in there."

———

"JJ" you called for him, barely registering if you even spoke. But he heard you, he always does.

"What baby?" his voice was soft and calm, he saw the panic flash in your eyes just before they shut tight. The little streams of tears fell underneath them. You shook your head, signaling to him that you couldn't. Couldn't move. Couldn't breathe.

You were on the couch sitting down, JJ squatted down in front of you his palms resting on your knees. His thumbs were rubbing at the skin letting you know he's there, he's not leaving.

"I-I'm so scared, don't think I can do it." The way you spoke, the way you said it made him want to cry with you.

"But you can. I know you can. I'm right here." He moved his left hand to rest up against your cheek. He held your face there and tried to smoothly wipe your still falling tears.

You took in a shaky breath as his hands stilled on your face. His palms were warm and he swiped his thumb underneath your eye delicately.

"I don't wanna go there" you whispered with your eyes still closed. You wanted to hide. Hideaway from your thoughts and worries. To not be on display for the doctors and surgeons.

You thought maybe if you close your eyes, you can't be seen. That you're not having a panic attack and maybe just maybe your trip to the hospital isn't happening.

"Y/n, breathe." That voice stops your trembling lips and one of his hand's returns registering squeezing over your knee.

You inhale deeply and release your breath a few times until it's regulated normal again. The warm press of his hand on your leg, let's a ripple of calmness and strength spread through you.

"Now please let me see those eyes," JJ asks again. It sounded like it was more for him than it was for you.

Obeying his request, you open them. Your eyelashes were soaked with tears and your eyes stayed glassy. 

JJ raised a hand and moved the hair that was sticking to your cheek from crying behind your ear.

"There."

He picked up your hand and held it. You held it back.

"Now listen, I know you don't want to do this. But think of how much better you'll feel afterward. and I'll be there with you, every step of the way."

You looked at him and bit your lip, "promise?"

He let out a breath and squeezed your hand and promised. He didn't need to say it, you knew he meant it. You saw it in his eyes.

However, you still raised a pinky, begging for more confirmation that he'll be there for you.

JJ smiled and he said "I pinky promise," while intertwining your pinky's.

The warmth from the touch ignited a sense of braveness in you. His touch alone could make you move mountains. You were ready for your surgery. You wanted to, for the both of you.

You got up from the couch and JJ pulled you into a hug. You clung to him, wishing he could protect you during your surgery.

"Time to go baby." JJ spoke ever so softly, as he rubbed your back.