escape

https://lovelyjj.tumblr.com/post/673201953425260544/escape

     The thing about JJ Maybank is that most people or mainly most authority figures and law enforcement would see and describe him as trouble or a rule breaker. That he was destined to end up just like where he came from.

You and your friends however, the people that really knew him, understood that that was not his true self. He was loyal, and the kind of person that would do absolutely anything for his friends. The kind of person that would take the fall for Pope sinking a kooks boat, knowing he would be punished instead.

Although this was a admirable trait it didn't always work out for JJ. He felt the need to make sure his friends never saw him break, or need help so they could not be in the position to fill his shoes and get hurt on his behalf. He wouldn't want the pity or guilt. Weather he could help it or not he felt as if he didn't deserve that. He figured that he would always remain strong for you and the pogues.

Therefore, with the intention to protect his girlfriend, he failed to mention the abuse he endures from his dad, leaving you in the dark.

———

You and the pogues were supposed to meet at John Bs house this afternoon. You wanted to check on JJ since you haven't hear from him in a while, figuring you can go to John Bs together.

Assuming his whereabouts was at his house, as he wasn't with your friends you decided to go over.

What you didn't expect was a man sitting outside on the porch, with a open bottle of beer working on a motor.

He lifted his head when he heard the crunching of the branches beneath your feet. "Oh hi you must be JJs dad, I'm y/n." you spoke softly, smiling. "I um, was just wondering if you knew where he was?"

He threw his tools down on the table, "that piece of shit ain't here," he grunted. "hell, i don't even care if he dares come back."

Your mouth dropped open, shocked at his statement. You felt a twist in your stomach and your chest felt tight. The atmosphere around you suddenly felt uncomfortable to be in. You wanted to stand up for JJ but it came out weak, "what-what do you mean?"

Luke was standing up now, walking near you, "who are you anyway? one of his whores?"

Your whole body froze, although your blood felt hot though your veins. You simply stared wide eyed and struck with fear.

His hand was coming at your shoulder giving you a push, "you gonna answer me bitch?"

Luke looked ready to take his anger out on you, but a loud rumble prevented this from
partaking and broke his attention.

JJ was driving his dirt bike zipping down the lawn. He threw the vehicle on the ground, his legs carried him almost as fast as his racing heart to get in front of you.

You watched him, holding your breath. He only glanced at you but you saw the worry and fear behind his eyes. JJ saw the scene unfold as he picked up speed on his bike and all he thought about was you being hurt. that his worst nightmare was becoming his reality.

He pushed his father back away from you,
"don't fucking touch her!" he spat between punches. "you can't do that." JJ continued to wrestle his dad onto the ground as you sobbed, "yeah beat the shit out of me, but don't you dare go near her. ever again" he huffed.

The tears that collected in his eyes were beginning to fall as he picked up a wrench. "I'm done, I'm not scared of you anymore okay!" JJ hovered the metal wrench over his dad's face, blood on his teeth from when his dad tried to fight back. "you ruined my life! you don't get to ruin my only form of happiness too."