when I was your man

Same bed but it feels just a little bit bigger now
Our song on the radio but it don't sound the same
When our friends talk about you, all it does is just tear me down
'Cause my heart breaks a little when I hear your name

JJ was still getting used to waking up without out you. The other side of his bed lay empty. He would wake up without your body heat and you snuggled next to him. Each morning he woke up he felt cold and entirely alone.

Today was no different, he stretched his arm out to the other side of the bed hoping to find a body. Instead he was met with cold sheets. The bed felt too large to be in, swallowing him whole.

JJ got up as he was going to hang out with the pogues today. After A few minutes he walked out of his room and met John B outside. The twinkie was waiting for the two of them.

John B and JJ hopped in the twinkie and started on the road to pick up Pope.

As John B was driving JJ's heart sunk as a familiar tune made its way on the radio. It was "Say You Won't Let Go." Your song.

John B made a motion to turn it up.

"You like this song right JJ?" John B inquired.

"No shut it off please." JJ pleaded.

John B was fiddling with the volume button that it wasn't turning off fast enough. JJ reached his hand over and slammed it off.

***flash back***
The radio hummed as the five of you ate at the wreck. Then one of your favorite songs came on through the radio.

"Dance with me JJ," you spoke standing up.

JJ got up as well and made his way over to you.

You took JJ's hands in yours and swung into him and then out. JJ slipped his hand around your waist and kept his other hand in yours.

The soft melody of "Say You Won't Let Go" rang in your ears. JJ spun you around and you smiled brightly at him.

JJ's heart skipped a beat when you looked at him like that. Your eyes sparkling and showing him love. Your bright smile that told him your happy with him.

Then you turned towards JJ and sang, "I wanna live with you even when we're ghosts. 'Cause you were always there for me when I
needed you most."

The words you sang rang true as you sang them. The way JJ herd the way you meant what you were singing.

JJ continued to the next verse and mouthed, "I'm gonna love you till my lungs give out."

The two of you swayed as you danced. You were wrapped up in one another and slow dancing.

"This is our song now," You grinned.

"Of course baby it's ours," JJ responded.

You gave JJ a hug as your dancing came to an end. He secured his arms around you and squeezed tightly. He than proceeded to kiss your forehead.
***flashback ends***

JJ and the pogues were all back at the château outside enjoying each others company.

"What should we do today?" John B asked.

"I don't know we could go to the beach," Pope suggested.

"Y/N always loved the beach." Kiara reminded everyone.

At the mention of your name JJ froze. He felt his heart stutter. JJ hearing your name crushed him.

"Yeah she always loved looking at the waves," Sarah stated.