<Chapter 30>

Yeji

"I hate you", were the only words I was able to speak.

I was hurt. Not only hurt, but angry. I felt betrayed. Why were they acting like that, when we could've just talked about it? They didn't feel like my brothers anymore. More like enemies.

They only talked about their enemies trying to harm me, but in the end it was always them hurting and betraying my feelings.

"I hate you!", I shouted, holding my paining cheek as tears continued to flow out of eyes. My whole body trembled due to my sobs, as I slowly took a few steps back, trying to create a little distance between Namjoon and me.

"Yeji I-", he tried talking, shock could be heard in his voice.

"No!", I screamed, interrupting him and shook my head, as the memories started to come back again.

"Yeji please listen-", Jin tried to support Namjoon.

"No! Leave me! Go away!"

I hissed, feeling myself tripping on something and falling down onto the ground as I tried to back away a little more.

Everyone kept quiet. Sobs were the only audible thing, breaking the unusual silence in that big mansion. I closed my eyes, trying my best to blend out that images of him, which threatened to take over me again. Normally Itzy would be here to help me overcome such situations, but now I had no one, who knew how to handle me in such a state.

"It's okay, let it out", someone kneeled in front of me and slowly engulfed me in a careful hug due to me flinching a little at the unexpected body contact. Instantly recognizing Jisoo at her soft way of caressing my back, I tightened the hug as my breath started to hitch.

"It's okay, I'm here for you. Everything's going to be fine."

She started to softly hum a melody like Lia always did, when I had a panic attack. I kept my eyes closed, trying my best to forget those images and think about something different, while Jisoo continued to caress my back. My eyes got heavier from time to time, when I slowly felt myself drifting away. 

———————————🤍———————————

Rosé

I looked at the ground, where Jisoo softly hugged the sobbing Yeji. Our plan was ruined by the problem itself and it couldn't have went worse than it did. Yeji was a crying mess a few seconds ago and BTS looked they were going to rip their own sister apart. They were even scaring me and I wasn't scared that easily. Although I might look like a sweet and innocent girl, I was the exact opposite. The mafia world was though and I wouldn't survive, if I were really like I pretended to be.

But something inside me felt hurt, when I saw Yeji in such a state. It already affected me when she had her panic attack due to the cafeteria incident a few days ago and seeing her so vulnerable, trying her best to finally do what she always wanted to, broke something inside me.

I felt her pain. I hid her flaws. I cried her tears. I saw her memories. I hid her scars. I dreamed her dream.

She had to endure the same, that I had to.

I've always wanted to become a singer and perform on stage, regardless of what people thought of me, but my parents hated just the thought of it. Being born into a mafia family meant more than just living your life and letting your parents deal with everything, especially when you were an only child. Training started at a very young age, meaning I wasn't able to play with friends or go to birthday parties like other kids my age did.

My parents always had high expectations of me as they wanted me to be the next mafia queen. Fighting for my dream was a war I couldn't win and I knew that, but I still did it, thinking they might change their mind, if I tried hard enough. Scars were the only thing that remained.

My wish of performing was never fulfilled, making it hard for me to watch Yeji fighting so hard for her dream, for it just to be crashed by her brothers, who weren't behaving to her like family at all.

"We're going to take her home with us. I'll talk to your mom about the trainee thing and let you know about it as soon as I know something. Don't talk to Yeji until she's ready to", Jisoo stood up, picking Yeji up like a little child and shortly gazing at our cousins before softly smiling at me and walking out of the mansion. I followed her after shortly glancing at BTS, who all looked disappointed and sad, probably regretting how they acted towards their own sister.

"They really messed up", I broke the silence in our limousine and looked at the sleeping Yeji.

Jisoo sighed and nodded. "Yeah, they really did"

———————————🤍———————————

I plopped myself on my bed, as soon as we arrived at our mansion. Jisoo and I already lived together for three years. She offered to let me move in as soon as she found out about all the scars and bruises I received from my parents. They coincidentally died a few days later, but I instantly knew that Jisoo and BTS were the reason why they left earth so suddenly.

Ever since then, Jisoo has treated me like I was her blood related sister, although we only were cousins and not really close before that incident. She didn't care about it though and made me feel loved since the first day I arrived here, even though she was only two years older than me, meaning she was 19 at that time.

Seeing Yeji enduring the same as me, made me remember the tough times I've been through and how often I cried myself to sleep, wanting to give up. Knowing that everything changed to the better when I moved to Jisoo, made me feel positive about Yeji's situation. Although I never had the chance to fulfill my dream, Yeji had it and I was going to do everything I could to help her achieve her dream.

———————————🤍———————————

Happy New Year everybody!
I hope you have a great time with your loved ones and look forward to 2024🎀

🤍Thank you for reading🤍