Our bubble💔🎀

Start from the beginning

He carelessly shoved his things inside, closing it without locking, he didn't really care if his things were stolen. As he stared at his locker door, he let his mind wander, he wanted to try today, he wanted to make an effort into changing, but it was so exhausting, and he was so alone, it seemed too far gone. He was a lost cause, and he was okay with that thought. Talking to someone would only sting the wound, and attempting to get him, giving himself hope, was cruel. He'd opened his eyes again and suddenly he was sitting in his English class, one hand supporting his head as he stared up at his obviously hungover teacher. The voice, deep and gray. George closed his eyes, letting himself fall, his head hitting his arm which was stretched out far against his table, he was tired, not just from his lack of sleep, but the amount of gray just overwhelming his life. From the moment he was born he'd seen the world in a dead tint, an uglier color, never getting to see these so called beautiful greens and reds. It was a message that he received well and quick, his life wouldn't be easy.

The bell rang, and George found a hobby in watching the hands on the clock tick by. Soon, everything around him turned muffled and all he could hear was the ticking. Tick, tick, tick, tick. Minute. Tick, tick, tick, tick. "Mr. Davidson?" The brunet was immediately shot out his own head, and his attention was brought to the teacher standing in front of his desk, looking down at him with an odd expression.

"Uh.. yeah?" The boy asked, then he noticed that nobody was in their seats, he looked around, he was alone.

"Class ended two minutes ago." The woman tilted her head, looking down at the boy oddly. The only sound around them was the ticking of the clock that had blocked everything out. George slowly stood from his desk, and noticed something sitting on it. It was a nicely sized chocolate bar balancing on the edge of his desk. George reached out and picked it up, his teacher suddenly speaking, "A boy left that for you, even though I have a strict no food in the classroom policy.. I allowed it this time, so hurry and get it out before any ants see it." The woman sat down at her desk, and opened a drawer. George distracted himself from her further actions, and began to walk out, hearing the rain hit against the window on the opposite side of the classroom.

He then stopped at the doorway and turned around, "Who was it?" He asked, and the woman looked up, alarmed. George felt alarmed too, his usual apathy to everyone and everything around him was his shield that protected him against disappointment, why was he lowering it suddenly? Why did he even care? It was just a nice gesture, maybe.

"U-um.. it was that boy named Dream, he came in from his last class and set it down without you noticing." The woman explained, and George paused, Dream? Who was that again? Oh yeah, it was that guy that he'd always see with that Nick guy, those two always looked like such a package deal.

"Okay.." George turned around again, and walked out the classroom, eyeing the chocolate bar in his hand. He wanted to be suspicious of it, who was this random guy to just give him some candy? It had to be tainted or something. Yet his stomach rumbled, and even thinking of chocolate began to make his mouth water. Once he'd neared his locker, he opened the door and hid himself as he unwrapped the chocolate, admiring the sweet smell. He took a bite and almost melted into his locker, it was such a sweet taste full of waves of dopamine rushing past him, his lips curling up just the slightest bit to make a smile, someone got him chocolate. The brunet quickly snapped out of his trance and shoved the rest in his mouth quickly before grabbing his things and closing the door. Unzipping his backpack, he stuffed his items inside and began down the hallway, holding his umbrella by his thigh as he tried to remember what Dream looked like, it was faint, he'd only ever seen him in the hallways and in math class. Though the picture was perfect in his head, he always seemed to have a smile on his face.

George opened up his umbrella and began walking down the sidewalk, seeing the other students with theirs as well, his eyes embarrassingly scanned the crowd for a specific face, but he didn't find it. Spotting his car down the street, George made his way over without distraction, the first sound he heard being his mother's voice as he opened the door and stepped in. "George! How was school?" The boy set his bag between his legs, and leaned back, staring down at the dashboard.