GRANDMA

I looked around. No one had noticed what was happening. I removed my shoe and threw it at the thief. The thief looked In my direction then ran off. I was going to chase him, but needed to check on the old lady first.
" Madam are you alright?" I asked.
" Yes, yes, you saved me from that man," she said with a smile on her face as I was turning around to leave when I saw a woman ran towards us.
" Mrs Rebecca are you alright?" She  asked the old lady while checking her heartbeat before turning to me  " thankyou for saving madam" she said
" My name is Eva," she introduced herself " no problem my name Iris Carter." Just when the old lady wanted to say something. A car pulled over Infront of us. The person in the car opened his window.
"Grandma enter the car I need to go, I need to go for some important work," the voice sounded familiar. I looked closer then I saw him. It was " Zack?" He turned to look at me " Iris," he opened the door and came out of the car. He was wearing a black suit with a white shirt, as usual.
" How do you know each other?" The old lady asked.
" She is my girlfriend," he said.
" You unfilial grandson have a girlfriend and you did not even tell me" she said trying to look angry, but the joy in her eyes deceived her.
" I was going to tell you when she was ready to meet you," the old lady ignored him and looked at me " will you come to my house" she asked. This was one way to meet his family. I had nothing to do and the old lady looked persistent so I agreed. " Eva see she is not like my grandson over here. I will soon have grandchildren soon, soon, soon." The old lady sang.  I quickly entered in the car so that they could not see my embarrassment. " How sure are you that we will be together for that long?" I heard Zack ask. " You are my grandson, you always make the right decision. You know how to treasure what you love and I can see the love you have for her in your eyes. Do not let her go." The old lady answered. " I won't," hearing Zack is response brought tears to my eyes. No one ever cherished me except my mother and grandfather. I could not help myself, I wiped my tears, got out of the car and threw myself in Zack is hands " be careful," he said. " I will cherish our relationship the same way you have promised to cherish me," I answered.
----
Since Zack was about to be late, we went in different cars. When we entered the gates . The first thing I saw were colossal trees that surrounded the big backyard, with the olderly arranged greens being neatly trimmed. Even though I was not much of a gardener. I could tell that it was not simple yet not too complicated gardening that it came from a highly skilled gardener.
" Grandma you stay here?"
" Yes,"
I couldn't help but to look at the sight behind me. The house was situated near a hospital " This is a shortcut, I dislike loneliness that is why I ordered the building of a door here so that a medical people could come here and chat with me," grandma explained. Grandma left me to the sofa and sat opposite me. Her look of contentment made me feel flattered. I had never been treated like this. On the contrary the most I received was other people is disdain and aversion after they knew that she was the first daughter of the Carter's.
" Tell grandma about your family," at the mention of the Carter's, my face tensed up."  ... Well their is nothing to talk about them. We are just a normal family." I answered. Grandma is hold on my hands tightened. " Child why don't you speak the truth?" I felt as if the most tender and vulnerable side of me was exposed causing an ache. I turned my head viewing the scenery outside without much expression my voice sounding bitter. " Nobody would believe me even if I said it." Since I had already known the outcome, there was no need to keep up the expectations.
" Silly child you are too extremely stubborn. You have only already caged yourself within the circle of limited people. Why not take a bold step out of that dirty place."
"It seems easy when said , once you settled your mind. It is all a matter of time." I told her everything that I experienced. We chatted for a while before grandma became sleepy. Seeing her tired state. I stood up with the intention of leave, but she did not want to release me. " Child do not leave me. Accompany me for dinner,"
" But.."
" Iris could you bear to reject me,"
"..." I was speechless. I looked at grandma's pitiful eyes  and found that I did not have the heart to reject her.
" But you are tired grandma..." Grandma smiled and said.
"I see that you are tired. Why don't you rest for a while?"
" This does not sound like a good ..." Before I even finished my sentence. Grandma turned to Eva.
" Bring miss Carter to the second levels inner most room on the right."

Eva's pov
Inner most room on the right, wasn't that young master is room? Did she have to be this desperate? This was no different from sending her to the young master is bed! No I might be wrong. Madam indeed wanted to send miss Carter to the young master is bed. However, young master had always disallowed others from entering his private spaces, let alone his room. Wouldn't she be afraid that young master would throw miss Carter out when he reached home. How awkward would that be. " Madam..." Just as I was about to give madam a reminder, she shot me a warning look. I had to change my words " I want to ask if miss Carter wants to have a bath before resting. If you want to,  I will order maids to fill up the bathtub." Since she would be sent to young master is bed, she might as well bath first.
" Yes, yes, bathing will make your rest more comfortable ask the servant to fill it up now," madam gave me a complimenting look.
"..."