Chapter 32

"Hey, you on your way yet?" Aeri asked through the phone, causing Jimin to roll her eyes. By now, Aeri knew that if Jimin had been on her way, she wouldn't have answered her phone. Especially after her own car accident with Yuuto, all of her friends were well aware of her care in driving.

"No, I'm about to leave," Jimin answered, grabbing her warmest coat and her blue gloves. It was well below freezing outside.

"Ugh," Aeri groaned, "why is everyone taking so long? Can't it just be New Year now so that I can drink tons of champagne and kiss Lincoln to celebrate the end of another year?"

"Me getting there faster doesn't change the time of day, A," Jimin reminded her. "Ah, speaking of significant others... could I ask you a question?"

"As long as it's not a sex question, because I don't think I'm knowledgeable enough in the lesbian sex department for that," Aeri answered.

Jimin rolled her eyes playfully. "I don't think I'm having a problem in the sex department, Aeri."

"Alright, alright, get to your question. It's weird imagining you and Minjeong having sex."

"Okay, well... so, it's New Year's Eve, and..." Jimin swallowed thickly, unsure if she was going to be able to even say it to Aeri, let alone Minjeong.

"Spit it out, Jimin," Aeri teased. "You've got like ten minutes till Ning's gonna bust down my door, you can't stutter that whole time."

"Shush," Jimin grumbled, shaking her head slightly. "Alright. So..." She took another deep breath, and then said it all without pause - "I'm in love with Minjeong and I really wanna tell her tonight but do you think it's too soon because what if she doesn't say it back and oh my god I'm freaking out."

"Are you kidding?" Aeri asked, sounding like she was moving around now. "That girl obviously loves you. I think you should go for it. Just make sure you don't do it in the middle of the party or everyone is gonna die of sugar intake just by being in your vicinity."

"Ha ha, very funny," Jimin said, her words dripping in playful sarcasm. "Thanks, though, I think I will tell her tonight. It's been hard not saying it ever since I realized it. She's just so... ugh she's perfect."

"Yeah, yeah," Aeri waved off. "Save all the mushy for when you bare your heart to your perfect girlfriend."

"You're just jealous," Jimin chimed, slipping her coat on and then her gloves one by one, after leaving her phone next to her on speaker phone.

"No way, I'm content with straight sex, thank you very much."

"Not what I meant, Aeri," Jimin said, shaking her head at her friend, who was laughing.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. Ning's here. Get your ass here as soon as possible, and I know you aren't driving yet, so I'm gonna hang up," Aeri said. "Drive safe!"

"I will," Jimin promised, smiling. "See you in a few!"

To Minjeong - I'm on my way to Aeri's! See you in a few! :*

From Minjeong - Same! :)

Fifteen minutes later, Jimin was tugging her coat tighter around her as she hurried from her car to the door of Aeri's house. She could already hear some commotion inside, so she let herself in to keep herself from waiting in the cold. "It's so cold," she whined as soon as she entered the house.

"Suck it up!" Yuuto called to her playfully from the living room, where Jimin entered a moment later. Most everyone was already there, minus her girlfriend. Which was lame, because Jimin needed some cuddles to warm herself up.