Chapter 12

The two of them had decided to stop for a snack and some ice cream, and then they finally headed to Minjeong's home, Jimin following behind the girl in her own car. Once they arrived, Jimin immediately began to gape.

"Wow, your house is nice," Jimin commented, getting out of her car. 

She had her book bag over her shoulder - should she need her sketchbook, she wanted it with her already. Minjeong was already out of hers, but she was leaning against it as she waited for Jimin. Her brown gaze dragged over the tall house in front of her, but then they quickly dropped back down to the beautiful copper-haired in front of her. She was wondering if it would be weird to ask Minjeong if she could draw her since she honestly did want to try and draw her with more than a picture from memory. And despite Minjeong's comment from the previous week, Jimin thought it might still be weird if she drew Minjeong while she was dancing. Or, at least, that Minjeong would think it was weird.

"Thanks," Minjeong answered, pushing off of her car and starting toward her front door. "You should see my dance studio, it's the best part."

Jimin's heart fluttered because she couldn't hear that without picturing Minjeong dancing, and clearly that was a picture that she actually enjoyed. "Show me," Jimin suggested. Minjeong was looking curiously at Jimin, as though she could sense that something was turning in her head, and then nodded, heading toward her front door.

Inside, Jimin couldn't help but gaze around the place in awe. The floors were all hardwood, and the house was spotless, shiny things shining properly, and all of the wood furnishings were completely polished. Breathing out gently, Jimin blinked. "Wow."

"Come on," Minjeong said, heading toward a gently curving staircase that was nestled in a sort of corner area.

"Your house is awesome," Jimin stated, still gaping as she followed the other upstairs.

"Yeah, it's not bad," Minjeong agreed, though it didn't take a psychologist to derive that Minjeong didn't like her house much. Jimin wondered about the specific reasoning, though, but she supposed that she would find out eventually, or else it didn't matter. Around two more corners appeared large, white, double doors. Minjeong opened them to reveal a smooth floored studio. A few speakers were lined on parts of the walls, and a stereo system was set on a small table in the far corner, along with a laptop. A couple of chairs were also against the far wall. A huge mirror covered one of the long walls, and the room was illuminated amazingly - though the numerous light switches on the wall suggested that it was possible to get dim lighting in the room as well.

"Whoa," Jimin managed to say. "This looks like a dancer's heaven."

"It is," Minjeong agreed, chuckling a little.

"Man, I wish I had an art studio in my house. All of my art is just cluttering my bedroom," Jimin admitted, imagining what it would be like to have a completely separate space for Jimin to do what she loved most.

"My mother is a bit... over the top," Minjeong justified.

Jimin shrugged. "Maybe, but this is awesome."

"This is my favorite place to spend time," Minjeong said, taking a step into her dance studio. Jimin didn't follow, because it somehow felt like she shouldn't invade this space of Minjeong's, but the copper-haired girl was looking at her expectantly after a moment, and Jimin took a tentative step into the room. "Can you dance?"

"With varying levels of success, yeah," Jimin answered, "but I think in dancer terms, that means no."

Minjeong smiled fondly at the dark-haired. "We all have our talents. I've tried drawing, and it always looks so bad when I do. I swear I draw worse than a three year old child." Jimin couldn't help the laugh that bubbled out of her throat, and she smiled widely.