Chapter 30

They got to the hospital after a rushed fifteen-minute drive - they were fortunate enough to be already on the right side of town to get there quickly. Everyone was far from calm, but Aeri and Minjeong were definitely the most terrified. Lincoln was trying to calm Aeri, and surprisingly, Handong was trying to comfort Minjeong. Neither of the girls was really feeling the whole comfort thing.

Aeri wanted to know that her brother was okay, and Minjeong wanted to know if Jimin was okay.

They went into the ER and were politely told that the doctor was going to be out soon to let them know how both were doing. They wouldn't even tell the group what had happened.

As Handong guided Minjeong to sit down with everyone, light brown eyes caught on someone who should not be there. She set her jaw and stood up straight, breaking away from Handong, and approached him. "What are you doing here?" she asked him.

"Minjeong," Jeno said dryly, looking slightly uncomfortable.

"Do you know what happened?"

"No, they called Jimin's mom, and she got stuck in a huge traffic jam on the road between her house and the hospital. She asked if I could come check up on her," Jeno answered.

Minjeong crossed her arms over her chest. "You shouldn't be here."

"Her mom asked me to. She didn't ask you to be here, so maybe you shouldn't," Jeno argued.

"Are you kidding me?" Minjeong demanded. "She was on her way to my recital when she got in an accident. Not to mention that she's my girlfriend, so. I need to make sure she's okay."

"Better be gone when Tiffany gets here," Jeno muttered. "Not sure how she would take the whole protective girlfriend thing."

"I don't give a fuck what Tiffany thinks," Minjeong snapped. "And I don't give a fuck what you think, and your protest against me and Jimin by not being friends with her is mostly hurting yourself, so I don't know why the fuck you think that what you're doing is somehow necessary. You were lucky Jimin was ever even friends with you because she deserves so much better."

"What, like you?" he asked, sitting up a bit straighter.

"Yeah like me," Minjeong snapped. "And you need to think twice before trying to trash talk me, Jeno, because I'm not in a fucking good mood. Whether or not you want me here or Tiffany wants me here, I'm still going to be here."

She turned on her heel, going back to her friends and wondering why she'd gone to talk to Jeno in the first place. "Calm down, Winter," Handong said, rolling her eyes. Ning stifled a laugh. "Winter?" she asked.

"Shut up," Minjeong growled.

"Why's he here?" Jaemin asked Minjeong, nodding to Jeno.

"Don't care."

Suddenly, a doctor was approaching them. "Miss Uchinaga?" Aeri sat up, immediately looking at him. "Yes?"

"Have you been able to contact your parents? We weren't able to."

"They're working," Aeri waved off. "How's Yuuto?"

"He's stable," the doctor answered. "Unfortunately, he did suffer some head injuries, so we will need to keep him for at least a day before we clear him to leave. He was awake when he came in, but right now he's asleep."

"What exactly happened?" Handong asked, sounding like she was trying to be responsible since she was the oldest person there.

"The car was crossing an intersection on a green light, and a drunk driver ran their light and hit the back of the car. Luckily, since the front wasn't the main point of impact, the damage wasn't too bad. The drunk driver, however, he's in a critical state," the doctor explained.