Chapter 28

Jimin walked up to her house as the time neared one in the morning, and texted her mom.

To Mom - Home. Goodnight.

Yeah, she was a bit disgruntled about having to wake up and come home rather than cuddle with Minjeong and sleep in her comfy bed. She'd almost suggested that Minjeong just come to her house with her, but she wasn't sure at what time her mom was going to be home, and she figured that might not end well.

Her mom didn't respond to her text, so Jimin just went straight up to her bed, tearing off the clothes she'd had to put back on as she went. By the time she collapsed in her bed, she was definitely tired enough to sleep.

"Um, are you going to give me a play by play of this, because I'm not sure I want to hear it," Jimin said into her phone to Aeri, before setting it down and putting it on speaker as she did her makeup for school.

"But Ning isn't awake yet and I need to talk about how amazing my day was yesterday," Aeri whined.

"Talk about your day all you want," Jimin agreed, "but I don't wanna hear the sex part."

"What? Who says we had sex?" Aeri demanded.

"Did you?"

Aeri didn't say anything.

"See." Jimin laughed. "But I knew because Minjeong told me that you told her."

"Ning would let me give her a play by play," Aeri muttered grudgingly.

Jimin let out a slightly amused laugh. "I'm not Ning. If you were going to give me a play by play about you and Lincoln, you have to be able to endure a play by play about me and Minjeong, and I don't think you'd want that." Jimin grabbed her concealer and bent her head back a little bit to cover the hickey that Minjeong had left on her on Saturday.

"Point taken," Aeri said, sighing. "Well, it was amazing though. He's amazing. Is it too fast if I say I'm already falling in love with him?"

"I dunno," Jimin answered, because she really wasn't experienced in the whole love thing.

"Hold on, Ning is texting me like crazy all of a sudden, I'm gonna add her to the phone call," Aeri said, sounding like she was fumbling with her phone. A moment later, the phone beeped and Ning's voice could suddenly be heard as well.

"I'm not going to school."

"Why not?" Aeri asked. "And if you aren't, why are you awake?"

"Because I forgot to turn my fucking alarms off," Ning growled.

"Why aren't you going to school?" Jimin asked.

The line was silent for a second. "I don't want to see Jaemin."

"Are you guys fighting again?" Aeri asked sadly, and Jimin frowned as she grabbed her eyeliner and began to trace her eyes carefully.

"No," Ning answered. "We broke up."

The call was silent all of a sudden. From what Jimin had heard, Ning's relationship with Jaemin had always been rocky, but they apparently hadn't ever really broken up. Aeri let out a shaky sigh. "I'll come pick you up, Ning. We're gonna go get some ice cream and ditch the first half of the day. Okay?"

"Kay," Ning muttered unhappily.

"Gotta drive. See you in sixth period, Jimin."

"See you," Jimin returned quietly, and then the three-way call ended. The dark-haired girl looked at herself in the mirror for a second, half of her makeup done, and then she sighed and quickly finished it up.