Chapter 7

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," Yuuto was mumbling to Aeri as Jimin and Minjeong reached the bottom of the bleachers. "You can think whatever you want. I still think they only let you on because you're my sister."

"Bullshit," Aeri exclaimed, sounding like she was very excited. "You don't even really think that - I can tell!"

Yuuto rolled his eyes, clearly not able to be outright mean to his sister, and instead let his eyes fall on the two girls who had just arrived. "Hey, you guys."

"Hey," Jimin and Minjeong greeted simultaneously.

"Jimin's joining us on our girl's night, Aeri," Minjeong said. Jimin smiled at the brunette, whose face lit up.

"Awesome!" she exclaimed. "The more the merrier! I've gotta get changed and showered real fast and then we can meet Ning at the restaurant. Can you text her, Min, while I get ready?"

"Sure," Minjeong agreed, retrieving her phone from her pocket as Aeri turned away and rushed toward the locker rooms with the rest of the teenagers - aside from Yuuto, who lingered, clearly not in a rush.

He spoke, but addressed Jimin directly, rather than both Jimin and Minjeong. "How are you, Jimin?"

The dark-haired smiled and shrugged. "I'm alright."

"How are things with Jeno?" he wondered.

"Not good, but I can't really help that right now. Thanks for asking, though," Jimin said, not really sure what else she was supposed to say in response.

Yuuto smiled. "Don't worry about it. At least you're getting out and not moping about it. That's the worst, especially when it's over someone that important to you."

Yuuto seemed like a caring guy, but Jimin couldn't help but feel like he was pushing it slightly, and that made her a little uncomfortable. The dark-haired just nodded, and offered a weak, "Yeah," in response. Yuuto smiled again.

"I should probably go get rinsed off. I'll see you tomorrow, right?" Yuuto asked. Jimin nodded.

"Definitely. See you, Yuuto," she returned, a bit relieved that he was leaving. Yuuto smiled and nodded to her, before finally looking back at Minjeong, who had long since put her phone down and been standing there silently.

"See you tomorrow, Minjeong," he offered, almost as an afterthought, and then he turned and headed to the locker rooms.

Jimin looked back to the copper-haired, who looked slightly put off by the entire exchange.

"You okay?" the dark-haired girl asked.

"Fine," Minjeong answered. "Yuuto and I just don't always get on so well."

"Really?" Jimin asked, tilting her head slightly.

Minjeong shook her head. "Ning and Aeri tend to be the closest to me in the friend group. To be fair, though, Yuuto made a move on me when I first joined the group, and I rejected him in a not so pleasant way at the time. I've since apologized, but boys are naturally harder to accept rejection I think."

Jimin raised her eyebrows, slightly surprised that Yuuto had made a move on Minjeong. She wasn't sure why she was so surprised - Minjeong was pretty amazing, after all - but they didn't seem like a match at all. Then again, she supposed that's why Minjeong refused his offer. He probably didn't really know much about her when he's made his move.

When Jimin had yet to answer, Minjeong continued to talk, "Yuuto is a bit girl crazy, you know? Not like Jaemin, he's got his heart set on Ning."

"Don't they date on and off all the time?" Jimin questioned, leaning against the bleachers as she asked, wondering when Aeri would be done getting cleaned up.