Chapter 2

Jimin found it quite odd when later in the day, in her sixth period, she found herself in yet another class with Uchinaga Aeri. She hadn't ever had a single class with this girl throughout her high school experience, and now she suddenly had two?

The black-haired immediately spotted her and sat next to her, striking up a conversation as though they had been friends for ages. Jimin didn't particularly mind, another thing that had her curious, but she tried not to question herself and instead let herself feel content with having another person to talk to.

The truth was, despite Jimin's self-insistence that she was fine with her one best friend and two sort-of friends, there was still a part of her from her pre-highschool self that dreamed of having no shortage of friends and no shortage of things to do besides art and homework. So she let that part of herself be happy as she spoke with Aeri, even if it was only for a few minutes.

Arriving in her seventh period - English - Jimin found herself wishing that the school day could just be over. She felt different than normal like there was some sort of significant change that had just occurred within her on her first day of junior year that was causing her to question herself. She needed to go home and draw, and self-reflect. She needed to figure out what was going on in her head.

However, the seventh period was still a thing, so she found herself sitting in the back and hoping that people would just ignore her. A small part of her wondered if Aeri had this class too - they hadn't compared schedules and it was possible that Aeri had gone to her locker before coming here - but the brunette didn't walk through the entrance of the room.

A copper-haired girl did, though. Kim Minjeong. Jimin found her eyes drawn to the girl, although she was still not quite sure why. Had she ever really stared at Minjeong this much? 

She'd definitely seen her around, but like Aeri, she had never had any classes with her. Maybe Jimin's eyes had always been drawn to her, and they just hadn't ever really had the opportunity to do so actively.

Minjeong didn't seem to notice Jimin staring at her, but the copper-haired sat in the desk adjacent to the black-haired, albeit across the aisle. Jimin immediately tore her eyes from the copper-haired and sighed inwardly. What was happening to her?

Although she was in Aeri's friend group, Minjeong was nothing like the brunette. She wasn't loud or interested in having attention or active conversations throughout class. She was quite reserved, actually, Minjeong noticed. She listened attentively to their English teacher, jotted down the first assignment of the year, and didn't speak throughout the entire class.

Jimin wished that she had paid more attention to the teacher than she had to Minjeong, though, because as the last bell rang out, she realized that she hadn't gotten the assignment.

"Fuck," she muttered under her breath, as she watched her studious teacher erasing the assignment from the board. What kind of teacher did that?

"Okay over there?" came a questioning voice. Jimin looked up, her brown eyes widening slightly as she noticed that Minjeong was giving her a confused look. She hadn't bustled to leave the classroom like some of the students had.

"I... forgot to write down the assignment," Jimin answered sheepishly. Her eyes dropped down to Minjeong's closed folder. "Do you mind?"

Minjeong gave her a small smile and opened the folder so that Jimin could see the assignment. "Not at all," the copper-haired stated. "What's your name again?"

"Uh, Jimin," the black-haired answered, quickly writing down the page numbers she had to read of their first book of the year. She then shoved her papers back into her backpack - which appeared much messier than Minjeong's. "Thanks."