Chapter 18 [M]

On Monday morning, Jimin felt like it was going to be a pretty decent Monday. 

She'd hung out with Jeno the day before and caught up with him a bit. Evidently, there was a girl he was starting to become interested in, and Jimin was relieved to hear that - though she didn't really say that to him exactly like that. However, despite them discussing who he was starting to like as he got over Jimin, the dark-haired didn't mention Minjeong at all. She just had a feeling that it would be weird, and it was too early in their reunion to be making things weird.

But yes, Monday definitely had a good start. Jimin woke up early of her body's own accord, which she took to mean that her period of sleeping excessively had passed. Finally. When she got to school, she went to the soccer field, as per usual, and found Minjeong waiting for her - a coffee in her lap and one sitting in the spot next to her. The copper-haired immediately looked up as Jimin approached. "Good morning."

"Morning," Jimin replied, already chirping happily despite having been awake for only an hour. She took a seat next to Minjeong and took the warm cup of coffee in her hands. "Thanks."

"Who said it was for you?" Minjeong asked, giving the dark-haired a teasing look.

"I did," Jimin replied, taking a sip of the drink. "It's mine now, anyway."

Minjeong smiled a small smile at the girl, one of her kind ones that made Jimin smile as well. "Are you busy today?"

"There's that thing called school," Jimin answered, raising a playful eyebrow at the copper-haired sitting next to her.

"Well, after that," Minjeong clarified.

Jimin shook her head. "Nope. Why?"

"Do you want to come over after school?" Minjeong asked, and something about her expression told Jimin that the copper-haired girl wanted to talk to Jimin about something. Nodding without hesitation, Jimin briefly wondered what exactly Minjeong wanted to talk to her about, but she didn't question it. No point in talking about it now if they were going to actually have time set aside later to really talk about it. "How was hanging out with Jeno yesterday?"

"It was nice," Jimin admitted. "I think he's starting to move on from liking me, so that's a bit of a relief."

Minjeong smiled at the other. "That's good."

"Next step," Jimin continued, "get Yuuto to stop flirting with and staring at me all the time." If she was being honest, she mostly said anything about that in order to see Minjeong's reaction, but the copper-haired seemed to realize that.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Minjeong asked, narrowing her eyes a bit, trying to figure the dark-haired out.

"Like what?" Jimin asked, trying not to smile or laugh at all, and tilted her head. Minjeong narrowed her eyes a bit more, and Jimin couldn't help it when the corner of her lips turned up a bit. Minjeong's face relaxed a little, but she still looked suspicious.

"What?"

"What?" Jimin asked back, now thoroughly amused. "Nothing."

"Jimin," Minjeong insisted.

"Minjeong," Jimin said back, her smile stuck on her face as she tried to keep from laughing.

Minjeong shook her head, unable to fight the smile that was appearing across her face, and took a drink of her coffee as if to cover it up. "You're weird," she said after she'd set her coffee back down in her lap. "Why did you look at me like you thought I would say something about Yuuto flirting with you?"

"You don't like him," Jimin stated.

"So? I've never particularly liked him."

Jimin was still a bit amused. "Yeah, I know. You just get really steely in the face when he's talking to me."