Chapter 29

Jimin woke up on time on Friday, and as she was getting ready, Minjeong texted her to tell her that she, on the other hand, had definitely not and that she was barely going to make it to school on time. Jimin immediately asked her if she would be going to the soccer field, and Minjeong had answered with a negative, so Jimin decided to be a super fucking awesome girlfriend.

Because she knew that if Minjeong woke up late, she wouldn't have time to go and buy coffee, and Jimin knew that her girlfriend had to be nervous by now about her recital later. So she left as early as she could and went by the coffee shop nearest to the school, buying herself a coffee as well as one for the copper-haired girl, and then she got to school probably a few minutes before Minjeong would.

She stood at the edge of the parking lot, finishing up her own coffee and then tossing the cup in the garbage as she waited for her girlfriend. A few people passed her, looking longingly at the coffee or wondering why she was standing there, but Jimin barely noticed them.

Finally, Minjeong got to school looking completely rushed, but physically, her appearance was just as flawless as normal. Not a hair of her warm, wavy locks was out of place, and her makeup was perfect, Jimin couldn't take her eyes off of her girlfriend, who approached the school looking winded and distracted.

"Hey sleepy head," Jimin called to her as she approached, and Minjeong looked at her, relaxing physically.

"You didn't have to wait for me," Minjeong stated. Jimin shrugged and extended to coffee to the beautiful girl in front of her, and Minjeong glanced down at it. "How did you know I was in the mood for coffee?"

"Girlfriend's intuition?" Jimin asked, amused slightly.

Minjeong looked like she wanted to question it further, but instead she just gratefully took the cup and took a long drink from it. "Thank you," she said afterward.

"No problem, babe," Jimin replied, smiling happily at the girl as they both started into the school. "Are you excited for tonight?"

"Nervous," Minjeong admitted, "but yeah, I'm excited. And oh, Handong is going to be there."

"Oh, really?" Jimin asked, slightly surprised.

Minjeong nodded. "She called me late last night and we hashed it out, but then I mentioned the recital and she said she was gonna come down for the weekend to watch it. She also seems a little more chill about everything. Like she made a side comment about my sexuality that actually sounded like it was supposed to be funny rather than judgmental. So that's good."

"Good," Jimin said, smiling and being kept from saying any more words by the loud ringing of the bell. "I'll see you at lunch?"

"Obviously," Minjeong returned, smiling. "Thanks for the coffee." She gave Jimin a quick peck on the lips before they both had to split up to go to their classes.

Jimin got to her first period, and Aeri immediately asked her, "Jimin, are you excited to watch your girlfriend dance later?" She was wiggling her eyebrows suggestively. "Is that supposed to have a double meaning?"

"Yeah," Ning piped up. "She's pretty sure you two are going to bang backstage."

"What? Aren't there usually people back there?" Jimin asked, crossing her arms at her friends after setting her stuff on her desk.

"Because I know that you're going to be horny as fuck after watching her," Aeri insisted.

"How do you know that exactly?" Jimin hoped that her blush wasn't too noticeable.

Ning rolled her eyes. "C'mon, Jimin. You are always horny for Minjeong."

"Shut up," Jimin muttered, rolling her eyes and becoming aware of the fact that other people were entering the room and she really would rather not have everyone hear about her sex life.