𝓖𝓵𝓸𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓜𝓪𝓼𝓺𝓾𝓮𝓻𝓪𝓭𝓮: 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 12

Start from the beginning

The others watched curiously as the goat continued being comfortable to Malleus. "It seems to have taken a shine to you, Malleus. Look at the way it follows you around." Riddle says, as Malleus widen his eyes again at the goat before smiling.

"Hm. How unusual." Malleus smiled at the goat kindly. "Unlike with her majesty, the crown princess, most animals tend to be afraid of me. You must be quite fearless, little one." he complimented.

"Ah...Wait a minute." Jamil flinched in realization.

"What is it, Jamil?" Sebek asked.

"Nothing..." Jamil says, shaking it off.

"You clearly stopped yourself from saying something. It makes me wonder what you're hiding!" Sebek exclaimed, insisting that Jamil tells him.

Jamil was silent before letting out a shaky sigh. "I was just thinking...maybe the goat saw Malleus's horns and thinks he's one of them." he says with a sweat drop, causing Sebek's eyes to grow wide, completely flabbergasted.

"...One of them?" Malleus gaped, that is when he remembered something from long ago during his childhood.

"If I didn't know any better, I would assume that you were some sort of goat beastmen...due to your horns." Malleus recalled Y/n saying this when they were younger, making him smiling at the memory.

"BAAAH!"

The goat happily stomped it's feet, as if it was agreeing with what Jamil had said. "WRETCHED GOAT! HOW DARE YOU!!!" Sebek exclaimed in anger. "You presume to treat my liege as one of your brethren?! Your piddly horns are NOTHING compared to his!"

"Bah! Bahh!"

Sebek watched in surprise as the goat kept on bouncing around, clearly teasing him. "Now you're leaping and bounding about? Get back here! You shall pay for your insolence!" he shouted, chasing after the goat who continued on teasing him.

This scene made Rollo and Riddle frown in anger while Jamil had a dumbfounded expression. "Don't chase it. What part of 'we treat them with care' did you not understand?" Rollo asked, genuinely dumbfounded.

"I apologize for his appalling lack of manners." Riddle apologized, having second hand embarrassment.

"Look. The goat's hopping just out of Sebek's reach. Is it teasing him?" Jamil wondered, finding the scene before him quite hilarious.

"Oh yes, our city goats are rather clever. They also sometimes help local businesses by hauling goods." Rollo informed them. "The smarter they are, the more mischievous they can be...but we love them all the same." he smiled.

"It doesn't fear me at all. What an amusing creature. I like it." Malleus smirked, making Sebek, who heard this, flinch back in shock.

Sebek then turned back to the goat, absolutely fuming. "What?! Wretched goat... You must learn your place!"

"Again, you're not in competition with the goat..." Jamil huffed as Rollo glared at Sebek while Riddle pinched the bridge of his nose upon getting irritated.

Time has passed, as it was already almost time for the Night Raven College's rendezvous area.

"Time certainly flies when you're strolling through the city." Malleus says, looking at the time from his phone.