• chapter two •

"BRE!!" Belly said jumping on Bre's bed and waking her up.

Bre didn't even want to open her eyes because of how tired she was.

"Hello Little sister" Bre whispered keeping her eyes shut.

"You've got an hour before we have to leave" Belly said patting her back before leaving.

She sat up seeing the breakfast laid out for her on her nightstand. And Finn is nowhere to be seen. She got up and curled her hair and got her dress on. It was one she'd got last week with Hattie. It was blue with embroidered flowers on it. She put some light makeup on and headed downstairs.

"Brother" Bre said seeing Steven in the kitchen.

"Breanna" Steven said smiling.

"I missed you" Bre said running over to hug him. In that moment she'd forgotten about everything that happened.

"Missed you too Big sis" Steven said pushing her away, Steven never really gave out hugs so this wasn't a bad thing. But it still stung Bre.

"So whose coming?" Bre asked she was looking through the shoes near the front door to see her white heels at the back. They were the ones she wore for the Deb. The only ones she owns.

"You looked so pretty the night of the deb," Susannah said looking through the photos newly printed that she and Bre were putting into an album.

"Thank you. I felt it too. You always said no matter what anyone says you should always feel pretty in a nice dress" Bre said laughing. She had the only photo of her and Conrad in her hand.

"You know I've been dreaming of you two being together for years. It's like there's been a puzzle happening in my life and now you guys are together the puzzles complete. I can rest" She said taking a long breath.

Bre smiled not knowing what to say. She was numb. Every feeling and thought she would've been able to say a month ago she couldn't say anymore.

"What if we don't make it?" Bre said taking a deep breath. It had been a thought circling her mind for weeks. The long distance, each of their anxiety as well as the grief they may have. She didn't know and she was scared of that.

"You know that's what makes it beautiful. You never know what will happen or when. But it's what you do. Bre you can make anything happen. Look Laurel let you move across the country" Susannah said smiling.

"I heard that" Laurel shouted from the other room.

"Don't let being scared stop you from anything" Susannah whispered.

Bre slid the shoes on and walked over to the table where Belly and Laurel were now talking.

"Uh Me, you, Mom and Dad and Finn" Steven said opening the door to a mailman.

"Where is Finn?" Bre asked looking around.

Laurel scoffed before noticing Finn coming down the stairs.

"He's there," Laurel said sarcastically.

"Hello Conklin's and Ms Park" Finn said confidently.

"Hello" Belly, Steven and Laurel all said together.

Bre walked upstairs to grab the bag she'd packed. She heard the doorbell go on the way down and expected it to be John but instead, it was a delivery driver.

"It's from Susannah," Steven said looking at the note.

"She must've done it before she passed" Belly said looking at the note.