~ chapter 16 ~

Breanna woke up the same as she did any other summer day, yet today she felt happy. She was finally on the same page as everything, well everyone but Belly.

"Hey Laurel" Breanna said walking into the kitchen, Laurel was standing drinking a coffee.

"Hey, bean" Laurel smiled.

"I got the dorm I wanted, I just thought I should tell you...Did you know Dad had put me forward for scholarships before he passed away?" Bre asked going into the fridge to get some water.

"I did know that, he was very prepared," Laurel said smiling to herself.

"Oh okay" Bre said awkwardly smiling.

"Are you gonna open the box after the ball?" Laurel asked sipping on her Coffee.

"Yeah, did you want to be there?" Bre asked, she'd completely forgotten about the box.

"Of course, sweetie, now go get ready" Laurel said walking over to the table and picking up a dress. It wasn't the dress that they'd gotten when they went dress shopping.

"Is that Bellys?" Bre asked grabbing an apple and biting straight into it.

"No that is yours, It was the dress you couldn't keep your eye off. I thought you'd feel more comfortable in it" Laurel said smiling.

"No way! Thank you, Thank you!" Bre said engulfing Laurel into a hug.

"You better get going, I think Belly is going to drive" Laurel said placing a kiss on her forehead and walking towards the beach. Bre finished off her apple before grabbing her dress and heading upstairs. For the final time nervous about this ball but she was optimistic about what the day would be like. Maybe she'd finally know where she stood with Conrad or she and Belly would officially make up.

Breanna was in her thoughts she didn't even see Jeremiah walk in.

"Shit didn't see you there Jere Bear," Breanna said smiling, Jeremiah was her one constant throughout the summer. She knew he was the one fisher she would rely on.

"Just wanted to give you this" Jeremiah held out a single rose, it was blue. A soft blue like the sea, not a dark blue.

Breanna couldn't stop smiling at the rose, it was the colour she'd picked out in the flower shop a few summers ago.

"Thank you" Breanna said pulling Jeremiah into a hug.

"Thought you deserved a rose for good luck" Jeremiah said smiling.

"I hope you got one for Belly too" Bre smirked, she hadn't had the chance to speak to Jeremiah at all about him and Belly.

"I did don't worry, Im a bit confused though," Jeremiah said.

"About what?" Bre asked.

"Why you aren't going with Conrad, haven't you and him been getting on" Jeremiah stated.

"We have but I already asked Finn and he rented a tux so it made more sense to go with him" Breanna said trying to convince herself that was the reason and not that she was scared to go with him.

"Don't lie, I've known you my whole life" Jeremiah said with a serious face.

"I'm not lying. So how are you and Belly getting on?" Bre said joking.

"Great but you have to go now. Because Belly is waiting in the car and I'm scared she's gonna crash before she makes it off the drive" Jeremiah said slightly pulling Bre downstairs.

Bre made it to the passenger seat and watched Jeremiah and Belly talking. It was nice to see them finally together, even if they weren't on good terms.