~ chapter 4 ~

The beach was packed with people, and Bre barely recognised anyone. Finn was introducing people to Bre but she wasn't listening or anything. She was overwhelmed.

Belly had seen someone she recognised so she had gone to talk to them.

"Hey, are you okay?" Finn asked noticing the panic spreading on Bre's face.

"I'm a little bit overwhelmed by the number of people," Bre said trying to get air into her chest.

Finn started to guide her away from the crowd of people and towards a smaller group who were all sitting on the sand talking.

"Hey come and sit here" Finn said taking off his jacket so she could sit down.

"Thank you," Bre said sitting next to Finn.

Finn looked at Bre worried.

"Sorry, I know we've only just met and I'm already panicking in front of you," Bre said with tears in her eyes.

"It's okay, I used to get them all the time. I have to take medication now for my anxiety" He said so softly it comforted Bre. Like she was talking to someone she'd known for ages.

Bre looked out at the Ocean for a second. Feeling some sense of being home. 

"So Finn, are you going to College? What's your deal?"Bre said changing her tone to distract herself.

"I'm about to start Stanford in the fall, going in for English. If you couldn't tell I want to be a writer" He said, he was so confident in the way he spoke.

"No way, I'm hopefully going to Stanford," Bre said so excitedly.

"Wow, why hopefully?" Finn asked.

"It's a long story but my mom wants me to go in-state to college but I'm trying to get her to change her mind," Bre said laughing.

"What's so funny about that?" Finn said kicking his legs out in front of them to get more comfortable.

"She's not exactly my mom, my dad passed away and my auntie took me in. She's my mom" Bre said. She'd never told anyone that. She'd never opened up like that.

"I'm sorry to hear that, if it makes you feel better it took me a whole month of both my parents not speaking to me to get them to let me go," Finn said, his face glowing.

"Damn that's a long time," Bre said moving her hair out her face.

"Your smile lights up the room, I noticed it earlier but didn't want to say it," Finn said complimenting Bre. She never took compliments well but when Finn said it she believed it.

"Wow complimenting me already, you've not even known me a day" Bre said laughing.

Bre looked around at the other people sitting and talking. Then she noticed him. Conrad sat talking to a girl. She couldn't believe it, it felt like her heart had been pulled out of her chest and stomped on. Bre thought to herself she shouldn't care she was here with Finn. But it did.

"Uh, Bre isn't that Belly?" Finn said pointing over to Belly and a boy talking but the boy was getting way too close.

Bre got up storming over to the pair with Finn following close behind.

"Uh excuse me what are you doing?" Bre said pointing at the boy.

"Im talking to her, what are you doing? I invited her" The boy snapped back.

"That's her sister you douchebag, and she's fifteen you pedo" Steven shouted from behind them.

Shit they were in trouble went through Bre's mind.