~ chapter 15 ~

"Bre are you ready?" Belly came running to Bre's room, only to see Bre and Conrad snuggled up in each other's arms.

She picked up the cushion of the floor and threw it at them.

"What!" Conrad said abruptly.

"I'd get changed and out of here before Laurel comes up" Belly said winking before leaving the room laughing.

"Ugh, I don't want to go," Bre said.

"Well you've got to, it's the final rehearsal" Conrad said getting up and putting on his hoodie at the end of the bed.

Bre got up and went straight to the bathroom.

She was stressed about the Deb ball and the dance at the end. Finn had a dislocated elbow but was sure he could still do it. As well as not wanting to disappoint Susannah or Laurel, she felt the pressure.

"Why am I doing this? I never put myself out there, why now?" Bre said starting to breathe heavily.

Conrad's face dropped at the sudden change in behaviour from Bre.

"You're doing it for yourself, to prove that you can do something a normal person does as well as doing something with your sister" Conrad said pushing her hair out of her face.

Bre calmed down from his touch instantly, like she'd needed him all along to help with her nerves.

"That's if Belly would even talk to me" Bre said slowing down her breathing.

"She's coming around, feelings and emotions have been high this summer. You guys will make up" He said pulling her into a hug.

"Sorry," She whispered.

"For what?" He asked confused.

"For spiralling like that," She said looking up at Conrad.

"It's okay, we need to lean on each other, they'll most probably be a time I do the same to you," He said as they parted from their hug.

The two teenagers stood staring into each other's eyes getting lost like they'd known each other forever because they had. The space between the two was disappearing. It was like their souls for the first time were connected and they had no stopping it.

"Bre, Hurry up!" Laurel shouted up the stairs.

"I've got to go," Bre said hurrying out of her room and leaving Conrad standing there.

Bre hurried downstairs trying to no annoy Laurel anymore.

"Morning," Susannah said sitting at the table.

"Hi, are they in the car already?" Bre said slightly out of breath.

"Yeah, are you okay?" She asked.

"Yeah I'm just all over the place" Bre said running towards the door before realising she left her heels in the kitchen.

She headed back to grab them when Sussanh was already standing there with them in her hands.

"Thank you!" She shouted before heading out to the car.

The car journey to the club was quick and all Bre could think about was that she and Conrad almost kissed. It was something she dreaming about it was almost happening. And he was the one initiating it.

"Hey Bre" She heard Finn saying waving in her face.

She realised she was standing in the practice room just staring away in the distance, thinking about Conrad.

"Hi," she said rudely. Then she realised who she was speaking to.

"Oh my god, sorry Hi," She said hugging him.