~ chapter 18~

Conrad and Bre made their way inside trying not to wake anyone else.

"Morning," Susannah said smiling, seeing Bre and Conrad holding hands as they entered the house.

"I'm gonna go and get changed," Bre said awkwardly before heading upstairs.

She was happy, her face was soft and relaxed. But there were people she had to tell about her and Conrad.

"Hey Bells" Bre said knocking on her door.

"Hi," She smiled looking up from a book she was reading.

"I never thought I'd see you reading a book" She joked.

"It's Hunger Games" Belly smiled. She loved that book.

"So I have something to tell you," Bre said sitting on Belly's bed.

Belly nodded closing her book.

"Me and Conrad are together, I think" Bre said, confused whether were they together or not.

"Thank God! I thought you two would never get together. Honestly, you two are weirdly meant to be together" Belly said smiling.

"So you're not annoyed at all?" Bre asked.

"Course not, I had a crush on him and I don't anymore" Belly said sounding disgusted.

"Oh okay then" Bre laughed.

"Do you want to go for a swim? We haven't done that?" Belly asked getting off her bed and reaching for her Swimsuit.

"Sure I'll meet you down there," Bre said going and getting changed.

She could hear Susannah and Laurel laughing downstairs with Jeremiah and Steven. Bre slipped her suit on and ran downstairs.

"Anyone want to join me and Belly for a swim?" Bre asked.

"Yeah," They all said in sync.

They spent what felt like the rest of the summer in the garden or at the beach. Doing what they all loved, spending time together. It was decided that Conrad would help Bre move into her from as well as Laurel and Belly. And that Bre would help Conrad, with his dad and Jeremiah. It would be how they dreamed of it when they were kids.

Finn had continued working at the Bookstore and dropped by a few times, and he and Conrad were somewhat friends. Conrad knew that Bre needed friends where she was going and Finn would be a good friend. And with the added fact that he spent a lot of his time flirting with Belly and Jeremiah, Conrad wasn't threatened.

Laurel and Susannah had made a plan that Laurel was going to go to Boston at least once a week and John would be helping out more. Not that he minded.

Jeremiah had spent a lot of time with Susannah and Steven and not enough time with Belly. Maybe it was just a summer romance for them. But everyone was happy. Well as happy as they could be.

Bre had tried to spend as much time with everyone as she could but it never felt like enough.

"So Susannah, you're gonna write me letters right?" Bre said hugging Susannah as they were leaving to go home today. It had been one of those days where everything had gone wrong but right at the same time.

"Of course, and you gonna send me recipes of the food you cook" She winked, and Bre felt bad for leaving and going to College so far while everyone was quite close.

The two women hugged until they couldn't hold on anymore.

"See you soon," Bre said, she moved on to saying goodbye to Jeremiah but he was too busy looking at Belly from across the garden.

"Goodbye, Text me if you need me. Or call me" Bre said pulling him into a hug.

"I will," Jeremiah said laughing.

"You're always gonna be my little brother, so please tell me if you're not okay" Bre said pulling away from the hug.

"I'll see you in a few weeks anyway," Jeremiah said shrugging.

"I know, but just tell me please," Bre said, she knew he wasn't okay.

She looked around to see Conrad leaning against the car. He looked up and their eyes met. She didn't even register she was walking over to him. More like a magnet forcing them together.

"So I'll see you in two weeks" Conrad said pulling her into a hug.

"And I'm gonna call you when I get home," Bre said smiling.

"Don't forget to book your flight for when you move me into my dorm" Conrad looked at Bre for a few moments.

"I've already done it, I booked last night when you fell asleep," Bre said kissing his lips lightly. She wanted this moment to last forever.

"I'll see you soon Breanna Marise Conklin," Conrad said hugging her.

"I'll see you Conrad Beck Fisher" She whispered.

They all piled into the car and sat in silence waving off the Fishers. They'd all had a hard summer. And they needed the silence and company to sit with their thoughts.

It was the summer it all changed.