The Fundamental Difference

Point out any errors I made in the chapters, as I'm very lazy and sometimes can't be bothered to reread them. Also give your opinions on something I should change or add.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aqua looked at Blackie in confusion for a moment, before her expression immediately darkened as her face turned deathly cold.

"What?

The deafening silence was pierced by the quiet, yet powerful voice that boomed in Blackie's ears. 

At the same time, a powerful pressure suffocated the entire room as an indescribable killing intent spread out. 

Blackie saw his surroundings of an office morph into a roiling sea as heavy rain poured on him from the gloomy clouds in the sky. Raging waves crashed all around as Blackie felt as if he were on a small boat in the middle of a giant storm, while countless monsters lurked beneath the water's surface; waiting for him to make a single mistake and get capsized. 

All of his primal instinct screamed in his mind to turn around and run, but Blackie's feet refused to budge as he tried his best to remain calm, knowing running would only place him in far greater danger.  

Lamenting his horrible luck, Blackie could only curse internally at Feng for getting him in this situation as he rapidly thought of the best way to save himself. Although Blackie had known Aqua would not be pleased when she heard the change in Fire's and Feng's relationship, he had not expected things to escalate to this level so quickly without any warning. 

Killing Intent Manifestation! 

A phenomenon caused when an overwhelming amount of killing intent is emitted and manifested by someone. It is a technique people who had killed countless others and cultivated their killing intent to the extreme could use.

When such a person's anger and lust for murder reach a certain threshold, they become capable of manifesting their killing intent into some kind of form. The form a person's killing intent will take depends on the person's own mind and its state, the amount of killing intent the person possesses, its quality, the person's mastery over it and the cause of the person's killing intent being invoked. 

The range a Killing Intent Manifestation can take form is from anything to everything, and there was no set rule. The most common one, though, was an environment manifestation like Aqua's, while the exact effects vary. Some could target the mind in order to weaken or restrict it, while some directly attack it, and some environment manifestation's serve for just boosting the person's combat prowess. 

Some Killing Intent Manifestations could also take form of weapons or armor, a random object, or even a construction. The effects were also all unique in some way, with each being dangerous due to Killing Intent Manifestations being difficult to deal with. 

Unless one possessed their own Killing Intent Manifestation, the only way to fight against it was through expending a large amount of mental energy and having a strong enough willpower to not go insane under the manifestation's effect. 

Of course, it was incredibly difficult for someone to create a Killing Intent Manifestation and use it in battle, as in order to first become capable of forming one, a person would have to have honed their killing intent by killing countless people through out numerous life and death battles. 

However, since the requirement for a person's killing intent to reach such a level of quality and quantity was enormous, the person would need to hold a complete and true, genuine wish to kill another creature, which was only possible through killing numerous people in real life.