Blessing

Point out any errors I made in the chapters, as I'm very lazy and sometimes can't be bothered to reread them. Also give your opinions on something I should change or add

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A heavy aura permeated through out the surroundings as a giant gate floated in the middle of the ruined city. The scene gave off the desolate feeling of a tragedy having taken place, and about to take place.

On a mountain far into the distance, a young man and a woman stood silently watching over the swirling gate with grave expressions, but the black-haired young man seemed more troubled than actually concerned. A moment later, the young man glanced at an empty space in front of him like he was looking at something that suddenly appeared there, before he looked back to the woman. 

"It should be any minute now according to the information I received." The young man informed the silver-haired woman, causing the woman to sigh, as he looked at the enormous gate once more, this time with a heavier expression. 

"It's a shame that things have come to this point. If I had known this would happen, I would have already given you my Blessing and turned you into a Hero. This way, we would have a higher chance of getting through this." After a moment of silence, the woman spoke with a regretful tone as she let out another sigh.

"You can do that? Why not just give it to me now?" The young man asked in surprise, as he had been under the impression that the woman currently wasn't capable of it. However, the woman shook her head to the young man's question.

"Since you've already reached Tier 6, not anymore. You already have your own Tier 6 Divine Body, so you're not able to receive a Blessing from me. Not to mention, your current state and strength isn't much inferior to mine, and my Blessing wouldn't really be compatible with the current you." A realization came to the young man upon hearing the woman's words, but there was still something he didn't understand.

"So why didn't you just give it to me before I got promoted? It would have made a lot of things so much easier."

"I couldn't do that either," The woman shook head once again "By the time I had recovered enough to give a Blessing and not pay a high price, the Scholar was already a problem. If I had turned you into a Hero at that point, you would have needed time to adapt and it might have made your promotion to Tier 6 even more difficult with a Hero's constitution within a short period of time. At that point, instead of it helping you, you might not have even able to reach Tier 6 at that point, and you wouldn't have been able to defeat the Scholar; even as a Tier 5 Hero at your standard at the time." Sharlyn slowly explained to the young man.

"And before that? When the Scholar still hadn't recovered enough?" Feng continued questioning.  

This time, Sharlyn stayed quiet for a moment, before responding. 

"I would have had to have payed too high of a price to give you my Blessing and turn you into a Hero before that. I wasn't willing to spend that chance on someone who I wasn't completely confident in, especially when I needed to save my strength for unexpected situations and if the Scholar made a move."

"Well that's what you get for being so picky." Feng chided, feeling slightly discontent.

"You also didn't always give the best impression, with all the curses and situations you bring yourself into. Even with your heaven-defying luck, I genuinely thought you'd end up getting yourself killed at some point." Sharlyn continued with a bitter smile "I had originally thought that, if you survived and grew stronger, I could still give you my Blessing once I recovered enough and the opportunity presented itself. Only, even I didn't expect you'd progress so much in such a short amount of time, and that the Scholar's situation would spiral out of control so quickly. Afterwards, I had planned on simply finding and nurturing someone else with potential to give my Blessing to and turn into a Hero, but now..."