The End Of Shi Feng's Mining Arc

Point out any errors I made in the chapters, as I'm very lazy and sometimes can't be bothered to reread them. Also give your opinions on something I should change or add

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After deploying all of the miners and designating there mining spaces, Feng walked up to the foot of the mountain and started mining. Around ten seconds later, a finger-sized crystal chunk that held two units of Seven Luminaries Crystal fell out. At the same time, the sound of a system notification also entered his ears.

System: Mining Proficiency +10, Basic Miner (10/25,000). Obtained 1% EXP.

System: Due to the Book of Creation's Quick Mastery, Mining Proficiency increased by 3 points.

'That much EXP?' Feng was surprised by the amount of EXP at first, but then his gaze suddenly turned cold 'Did those little shits hide this from me?'

In the previous timeline, Zero Wing had many teams of players with the miner subclass who would go to Ore Veins to collect any ores the guild needed. However, they had a main team comprised of trusted miners who would go to places with valuable ores, like the Seven Luminaries Crystals. 

That team was the one Zero Wing gave most of the mining resources and focus on, helping them increase their miner ranks as well as any real life difficulties. Many among them were Grandmaster Miners, with the lowest being Advanced Master Miners. 

Although Feng knew that mining gave plenty of EXP, he never thought it could give this much, so he never bothered with it in his previous two lives. Never would he have thought that his subordinates would hide such a valuable piece of information.

However, after taking a moment to think about it, he figured that such a situation was impossible. 

Firstly, there wouldn't be much benefit to them hiding it. Although if Feng knew that someone could gain so much EXP from mining he would have the guild's experts mine, and that would decrease the miners' gains; it wouldn't be by that much. After all, the guild's experts have plenty of other responsibilities, so they'd only mine to gain more EXP in their spare time.

Moreover, the  miners were lifestyle players. High levels weren't a necessity for them. And Feng would naturally reward them for providing the information, so they wouldn't lose anything if they had reported the EXP gain.

Secondly, it was impossible that this remained unknown for so long. Even if they had agreed to keep it a secret and tried to hide it, their high levels would be an easy give away. Although they could use the EXP on things that required it, like growth equipment and other special items that needed EXP to either level up or create something, which is what lifestyle players who didn't need to have high levels usually did, this would be noticed by others after some time as well. 

Even if they somehow managed to hide it, there was no way everyone would remain silent. After all, the competition in the Greater God's Domain was many time higher than before. Someone would eventually sell the others out, receiving a reward themselves while the others get punished. There were many cases of such things happening in other guilds.

Thirdly, Feng didn't think any of them would be brave enough to deceive him. Since, if they tried to hide something from Feng, and he found out... 

Getting kicked out of Zero Wing, and having their accounts destroyed would be the least of their worries...

After all, Feng had saved their lives by taking them to the Greater World... and he could just as easily take them; no one would dare to say a thing.

The miners knew full well that they were replaceable, and that there were plenty of other people who wanted their positions; so there was no way they would take a risk that didn't benefit them at all.