eighteen

chapter eighteen of:

worse

THE LOUD BANGING OF THE DOOR ECHOED IN THE HAMILTON RESIDENCE.

"Sunny, c'mon!" Eric yelled out as he tried knocking on the door over and over again. He knew her parents weren't home at the moment, hence him almost breaking the door with his knocking.

Sunny hadn't replied to his call nor texts for two days since she had left his car after their minor "argument". They barely ever bickered like this, and it was tearing Eric apart.

The two were almost always inseparable, and it was not their normal to go on days without any contact.

After a whole minute of him almost knocking the door down, it opened as he quickly lowered his hand — otherwise it would have hit the blonde in front of him.

First thing he noticed was her reddish— puffy eyes. The small dark eyebags. She had been crying, and what it seemed like also barely sleeping.

Eric pursed his lips together as he pulled the girl into a hug as she sniffled, placing her head on his chest.

"I'm sorry that I made you feel like this." He said instantly, caressing her hair. Sunny had always — always been there for him, always defending him and taking his side. The fact that he made her feel this horrible, was tearing the Cooper boy apart.

"It's okay. I'm sorry for not answering you. Come in, I made some coffee." She sniffed a bit, as they pulled apart. Eric stepped inside, closing the door behind him.

He took a seat in the living room couch, as Sunny poured him a cup of coffee. Black, with no sugar or milk — just how he liked it.

Sunnys cup was filled to the brim with creamer, and a teaspoon of sugar — just how she liked it.

"Any news?" Sunny asked, wiggling her eyebrows, teasing him.

Eric laughed a bit, taking a sip of the coffee — then placing the mug down to the coffee table in front of him. "Actually.. Veronica and I are together."

Sunny squealed in excitement, as she made an o with her mouth. To say that she was surprised was an understatement. The girl didn't think he would actually ask Veronica to be his girlfriend. "Oh my god, congrats!" She smiled.

Eric smiled a bit, as he couldn't contain his excitement either. "I thought we were actually together the whole time, since I don't really think about titles but.. yeah."

Sunny smiled at the thought. She knew Veronica was good for him, even when the two didn't know each other that well. She just could only hope that they could become good friends as well. "Well, us girls we like titles. She won't be unsure anymore." Sunny said back as the boy nodded agreeing with her.

"Another thing.. I got a text from the south side." Erics demeanor changed, as he took the last sip of the coffee. "Thanks for this."

Sunny nodded, "No problem. Who was it?"

Eric sighed, running his fingers through his noirette hair. Sunny knew at that — who ever it was, it was nothing good. He hadn't been affiliated with the south side for a long time, and mostly it was the help of Sunny. But he also cut ties by himself.

"The Andrews kid. Older." Eric said lifting his brows a bit as he looked at Sunny, who gasped a bit. "I know right?" He chuckled nervously.

The two didn't have good history, as they only got along because of their younger siblings. But the rest of the history they shared, resided in the south side. And thats where he was and had been for a long while now.

"That's.." Sunny started as she also placed the empty mug on the coffee table, "weird to say the least."

Eric nodded agreeing a bit.

"What did it say?"

Eric pulled his phone out of his pocket, and showed the text message to the girl.

unknown sender

'big trouble.

n.a'

.・゜゜・  ・゜゜・.

a/n

so if you haven't noticed already as most of you reading worse also read danger — i have decided to join these two alternative universes together and make it all the same.

worse is located in the past, as danger is more in the future! ᵕ̈

hope you guys like the small change, as i thought very hard on how to make worse interesting again! i had the biggest writers block mostly for this book, and this was the only idea i came up with after a loooooong time!

♡ : thalia