fourteen

chapter fourteen of;

worse

ERIC COULDN'T HELP BUT TO FIDGET THE WHOLE DAY AT SCHOOL,

for he had finally asked Veronica Lodge to go on a date with him. Today was the day for their date.

The two funnily, even comedically thought the other was out of their league. He was simply in awe of her.

Closing the metal locker, that clanked and creeked rather loudly, he smiled. He had no idea what the two would do, but he just knew he wanted to spend time with her —and he didn't mind what it was that they would do.

Eric had tried so hard to think of things to do, but due to his nervousness he wasn't able to think straight. Looking to his right, he saw a familiar noirette shoulder length hair —similar to his.

"Hey." He started, as he touched her shoulder lightly trying not to scare the girl. "You ready?"

Veronica was trying her best to keep her composure, to be calm and not to lose her nerves —but she was sure that if not now then later, she wouldn't be so successfull.

"Yeah." She replied and smiled, as the two walked in silence to his car in the parking lot of Riverdale High.

The silence wasn't necessarily awkward, they both felt comfort in each other presence. But still, they had no idea what to say to each other.

Since they were both overwrought by the situation.

"I—", Eric started but stopped mid sentence with a small smile as they ceased walking — having reached his car, "this is so embarrassing. I haven't come up with anything for our date. I know I asked you, but I've been actually very nervous." He continued looking everywhere else but towards the girl in front of him. Veronica Lodge makes him feel like a hormonal, anxious and scared young teenage boy.

Veronica felt a heat rising to her cheeks and by now she was sure they were flashed bright pink. "How about we go eat and stargazing after?" She said as he now turned to look at her. It took a while to catch her breath by the way he looked.

He looked like a piece of art.
A few pieces of dark black hair that fell to this forehead.

But to him, she was the colors of the artpiece that brought the painting together.

"That sounds nice, actually. Sorry not very gentlemanly of me." He said with a laugh, his embarrassment gone in an instant as she had reassured him.

Eric opened the door to the passenger seat for Veronica who stepped inside, and buckled up.

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗

The same silence from before was back. Not awkward or unpleasant, but not also the most comfortable. Even though they did feel comfort in each others presence, just the silence was bothering the two of them.

A clear night sky, was above them as the bright stars hung on top of the pair. Eric had brought a blanket for the two to sit on top.

The sight was simply beautiful, the sky and the girl. But especially the girl, for she was the most divine and breath taking as always.

And so he caught himself looking at Veronica more than what they were supposed to do —which was stargazing.

"Its so pretty." Veronica whispered, mostly to herself as she was taking in the sight of the sky. Eric smiled, 'She has no idea' — he thought looking at her, before turning his eyes back above the two.

Leaning back as he fell on his back, to look at the sky with a better view.

Feeling a slight shift next to him, he turned his head to the right only to see Veronica Lodge laying down next to him, on top of the small blanket looking straight into his eyes that stared back at hers.

"You're beautiful, you know that?" Eric said still keeping his eyes on hers. Once again Eric Cooper was the reason that Veronica kept on blushing.

To say she had butterflies when he had said that was a mere understatement. It had felt so much more, and even more that they didn't feel like butterflies.

The way he said it to her, the way he looked at her with such genuinity behind his eyes, was the reason that made Veronica Lodge realize that it wasn't more than just a crush.

"Thank you." She replied back with a smile as Eric smiled back.

"You are really. Ever since the day I first saw you." Eric said with sincerity, leaning a bit forward towards her face.

Veronica leaned a bit forward towards him too, desperate to close the gap between them —but too anxious and afraid to do so.

"The prettiest girl I have ever met." He whispered the words out painfully slow, looking at her eyes before glancing at her plump pink lips that were glistening in the moonlight due to the lipgloss she had applied.

The gap between the two had been closed by Eric Cooper.