sixteen

chapter sixteen of :

worse

"HE STILL HASN'T ASKED YOU TO BE HIS GIRLFRIEND?" The voice of Betty Cooper rang rather loudly to Veronicas'
liking, in the diner.

Veronica sighed, placing her chin to lean on her palm. It had been exactly twenty—four hours, since the two spoke and confessed their feelings to each other; almost a week since their first date.

"I mean, I haven't asked him either." Veronica replied to her best friend, taking a sip from the milkshake that Pop had made just perfect. A little bit of vanilla and strawberry, topped with whipped cream.

"Honestly, I wish he would ask you instead." Betty said, looking at Veronica with a small smile, "Today was the last day of school also. Did you guys talk about meeting up during the summer?"

Veronica shook her head, stirring her pink colored straw. "Nope." She said putting emphasis on the word. "Should I text him? Sorry this is probably awkward, he's literally your brother." Veronica chuckled a bit as Betty shook her head.

"It's not don't worry. I want you both to be happy. Especially with Eric, I haven't seen him like this. I wish you could see how he acts at home." She laughed as Veronica smiled.

Veronica couldn't believe that Eric Cooper had feelings towards her, since she was also so sure at first that he had simply loathed her. "Thank you Betty. You're a great friend." She said smiling.

Veronica pulled out her phone from her pocket, looking at Erics' contact. She sighed, starting to type on the mobile.

'hey, what're you up to?'

She hit send and immediately put her phone down the table, the screen facing down — so she wouldn't see any upcoming notification brightening the screen from its slumber. "I did it."

Veronica said to Betty as she took a sip of her milkshake that was almost done. The phone not even a minute after, vibrated as the two girls looked at each other with wide open eyes. "Well look at it!" Betty squealed in excitement.

Veronica took a deep inhale, before exhaling and lifted her phone.

𝙴𝚛𝚒𝚌

'heya princess. eager to see
me already?'

Veronica quickly showed the message to Betty who was almost leaning over the table, eager to see what her brother had sent her. She crunched her face in disgust, at her brothers attempt of flirting. "Maybe I don't wanna see after all, just tell me if it goes good." She leaned back to her seat as Veronica chuckled.