seventeen

chapter seventeen of:

worse

ERIC SIGHED LOOKING AT THE BLONDE SITTING ON HIS PASSENGER SEAT.

"I don't think it's possible." Eric said as Sunny groaned turning to look at the Cooper. "It's just.. as much as I want to, I think I'd be hurting her more."

"You two have feelings for each other, which is why you should just date. You're a real find Eric, you would never hurt her." Sunny replied back, as Eric wiped his face with his hands.

The two were talking about how Eric should ask Veronica to be his girlfriend. But Eric was hesitant. Hesitant of it, — maybe even scared. He was scared he would be wound up to hurt her at some point. Eric knew, that he was in no means a 'real find' as Sunny put it.

He still had anger issues and a past with them. He wasn't scared that he would physically hurt her — he was scared he would mentally scar her.

That she would be too scared of him.

"I'm not a find Sunny, you should know that." He said sternly glancing at her. "If I'm your standard you need to change it."

Sunny scrunched her eyebrows together in confusion. To her everyone had their own problems that would forever haunt the person carrying them. But even with their problems that person could be a good invidual. The problems never defined of what they could be.

"You're wrong." She whispered, looking outside the window as she unbuckled her seatbelt.

"What?" Eric said, turning to fully look at the girl — only to notice her tears fall down her cheeks.

"I said, you're wrong. You need to realise it." She said sternly as she opened the car door, slamming it closed before Eric had any chance to yell after her.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

Eric tapped the steering wheel with his index finger, as he waited outside the Lodge residence. He had texted Veronica asking if she was free or if she had any plans. She had replied that she didn't have anything planned and the two agreed to meet.

He was too engrossed at looking outside the drivers window, that he didn't even notice that the door to the passenger seat had opened — and that someone had sat down.

"Hey."

Eric turned, and he could feel his hesitant feelings of her change instantly when he looked at her. The way she was smiling at him, took all of his nervousness about the two away. "Hi." He managed to smile back at her.

"What's the plan?" Veronica asked, trying her best not to seem overly excited that Eric had asked her to come out with him.

"Actually I had no plan. I just needed to see you." Eric said, looking at her. She was the most beautiful girl he had ever seen. The girl didn't even have to try, she could look her best always. And the way she carried herself, Eric loved her confidence.

"Would you.. want to make it official? Titles don't really matter to me.. But I know they matter to you right?" Eric asked, as Veronica couldn't help but to stare at him, in shock. Of course she knew what he felt towards her — but it was different now.

"Yes."

"Yes what? The title?" Eric asked confused, still staring at the girl.

"No idiot — or yes! But yes to both of your questions." Veronica chuckled as Eric laughed. He felt so nervous that he didn't even realise what she meant by her answer.

The two were now officially together.