twelve

chapter twelve of worse;

conquering anger issues

THE DAY OF THE BLACK SHEEP OF THE COOPER FAMILY,

started out as usual. Eric woke up, brushed his teeth and picked out clothes to wear to school. Except now, there was something different. And that different thing that had been changed in his daily morning routine, was the dark-haired slightly tanned girl; waiting for him downstairs. 

He looked at his reflection in the mirror and smiled, then looking down at his hands that haad held hers. Her petite small hands were covered by his larger ones. And somehow the Cooper boy, couldn't believe it. As he slightly blushed, he made his way downstairs. "Took you long enough." Veronica smiled cheekisly as Eric gave her a small grin. "Hey, it takes a while to get this good looking of a face ready." Veronica laughed as she playfully hit his upper arm, whilst he laughed as well. 

As they stepped inside of his car, Eric revved the engine alive and the both of the dark haired highschoolers made their way into school to start off their day. While driving with his windows down, the breeze of the wind pushed Veronica's hair away from her face, and he just couldn't stop staring at the beauty next to him. She was so delicatelly attractive to him, and never would he have thought to think that way about Veronica Lodge. 

Then the thought came to his head. It made him nervous, more nervous than he had ever been in his whole life. And now he understood what people meant when they thought that rejection would feel like the end of the world. That's all that Eric could think, what if she did reject him. What if it would feel like his world would be falling apart and just exactly what would he do then? What could become out of it?

But what if she didn't? What if she actually would feel the same way as he did about her? And so he gathered up the courage to ask her, because in the end he would and could handle the feeling of it being the so called 'end of the world'. 

"Hey, Veronica?". He started, as he caught a glimpse of her, turning her face towards him. She hummed in response, waiting for him to continue and he felt his breath hitch in his throath. "So..." 

"Yes, Eric?" Veronica said with a small smile dancing on her dark lipstick painted lips. Eric felt unrestful, but he didn't know the feeling was mutual as she was fidgeting with her fingers anxiously waiting for him to continue. 

"Wanna go on a real date with me?"