eleven

chapter eleven of worse; 

slowly falling 

ERIC LOOKED TOWARDS HIS LEFT AS HE  LEANED ONTO HIS LOCKER.

Licking his lips as he sighed, looking at the girl who was oblivious to his stare.
He was so sure about it a few months ago, that he definitely didn't want to get to know her. And he felt bad; so bad about the way he treated her at first. He rolled his eyes at his own thoughts as he closed his locker, hearing her voice but she wasn't talking to him. No, she was yelling.

He turned again to look at the commution, raising his eyebrows as people started to circle around Veronica. Eric pushed past the people seeing the same young boy who had groped Sunny a few times. "Are you kidding me?" Veronica yelled pointing at him as he smirked at her. "Hey, you were asking for it with that tiny little skirt of yours." He replied back as Eric looked at him confused, "As if!" She yelled back to him as the boy laughed as Eric decided to step in. 

"I seem to be doing this a bit too much, don't you think so too?" He laughed looking at the boy, who's eyes had a glint of darkness in them; malevolent eyes, now replaced with an unpleasent emotion caused by panic and terror. The young boy looked towards the older one as he cowered in fear. "I just always manage to ruin your thing, don't I?" Eric said again as his chest rumbled with a small chuckle. "How about we make a deal?" He raised his eyebrows taking steps towards the boy who was almost trembling. 

"I've still got a year.. or two here. If I ever see you doing this shit again.. You'll be six foot under. Understood?" Eric said, holding back his rage and temper, and then there she was. His guardian angel, not the one who was peppy, but the girl with hair as dark as the night sky. "It's okay.. Let's go." Veronica said holding out for her small hand, waiting for him to take it as he turned to look at her face. Her eyes glistening, with a small smile on her lipstick painted lips. And so, he took it and let her to lead him.

"My knight in shining armor."  Veronica smiled when they reached the parking lot to his car, as she laughed. "I had it under control you know?" He rolled his eyes looking down at her. "I did." Veronica said looking into his dark eyes. "Well, atleast he is terrified to death now and it seems he won't be of any trouble anymore." Veronica laughed as he looked down to their feet, still noticing that they were holding hands. And he thought of how small her hands were compared to his, how warm they were. And he smiled.