thirteen

chapter thirteen of worse;

planning

VERONICA LODGE FELT NERVOUS, SHE COULD FEEL THAT SHE HAD STARTED TO SWEAT,

as she stared into Eric's dark coffee coloured and somewhat cloudy eyes. She could barely see any emotion behidn them, and she wasn't sure if he was as nervous at this moment as she was. And so Veronica thought, how could he, Eric Cooper ask her on a date. She can admit that she was into him, she had a crush on him. But she couldn't believe that he would be serious, since she had thought he was out of her league. And that was unusual for her to think that way.

"Are you... are you serious?" Veronica asked as he parked his car to the park lot of Riverdale High. He turned to look at her as he smiled gently. "Why wouldn't I be?" She could feel that she was starting to blush. The blood rushing to her cheeks, the warmth that she felt, the small butterflies in her stomach only caused by the genuine smile playing on his lips. "I want to take you out on a date Ronnie. I don't have an idea where, or what to do but I just know I want it to be a date. You and me."

And so she was blushing, listening to his words. She smiled back at him, and by now she could have swore she had hearts in her dark burnt sienna eyes that were staring into his. "I would love that, really."

Eric couldn't help but to smile the rest of the day at school. As he kept remembering the what she had said back to him, her words with her soft voice kept echoing in his head through out classes, and lunch breaks. 'I would love that really.' He had been so scared of rejectiong that he hadn't thought of the positive outcomes. And now he didn't have to feel the end of the world. At least not just yet.

"What are you so giddy about, huh?" Sunny came up next to him by their lockers as Eric smiled down at her genuinely. "I asked her out."

"Who?"

"Her." He said, staring at Veronica herself who was at the end of the school hallway talking and laughing with his little sister, Betty. Sunny almost choked on her own spit as she smiled, "No way, you actually did it?" Eric nodded with a smile on his lips.

"I think I got the girl." Sunny smiled, as she gave his upper arm a small pat adn rubbed his bicep with her thumb. She was happy for him, Sunny alwyas knew that Eric had no romantic feelings towards her, not the same way she had felt. She always knew somehow, and she was okay with it. She wanted to be by his side, just like he had been by hers, always defending her and being her shoulder to cry on. And she wanted to offer the same opportunity to him.

"I think so too."