Merry Christmas

This is a simple tale that takes place in a faraway land. Well actually not that far away but let's just say it is. And what other place can we be talking about in this cheerful joyous time?

The North Pole of course.

It was 5 days to Christmas and the North Pole was bustling with activity and even more so, within Santa's factory where everyone worked together, ensuring that Santa had all his toys ready for delivery on

Except with one fact that the rest of the world never knew.

Now see, everyone thought and still thinks that the elves are the ones preparing the presents for the children. But in actual fact, it was the Yeti doing the work.

Yes, you read right - The Yeti (plural) or otherwise known as the Abominable Snowman. If you're thinking big, fluffy, white bear looking creatures, you're only half right. The Yeti (as a race) have two modes. Full blown Yeti mode and the more subtle, more suitable for work human version complete with fingers and decked in full white fur jackets.

So let's allow ourselves to meet our main character and follow his story this special Christmas - Arthit, a Yeti and one of Santa's most trusted workers.

~***~

A little jingle, a few light steps and a murmur of whispers. Oh great, what a way to start his day.

"Good morning Arthit!"

Arthit rolled his eyes, not bothering to look up at the figure hovering around his station. That voice could only belong to one person after all. But still, they all worked in the same factory so he grunted softly in response.

"What are you doing?"

Another roll of eyes. Was it seriously not obvious what he was doing? He sighed at the paint brush he had in hand and continued diligently painting the details onto the train. It was the 21st of December. He only had today and Christmas Eve to make sure that all the toys under his care were perfect.

Be polite Arthit, he reminded himself. Be polite.

"Painting the trains."

"Oh fun!" Kongpob bubbled, peeking over the table, his bell a-jingling with every movement. While it was a fact that Elves were a lot shorter (and smaller) than the Yeti, it didn't help that Arthit was most definitely on the taller side for a Yeti. And in turn, so was his station. As it was, Arthit could barely see past Kongpob's nose.

But that didn't stop Arthit from knowing that Kongpob was bubbling to ask him something else.

"What do you want, Kongpob?"

"I'm that obvious huh?" Kongpob grinned, bouncing on his toes causing his bell to jingle even more. His grin got wider as Arthit hurumphed in response. "I wanted to ask you on a date. On Christmas Eve."

Arthit started at the elf with a deadpan look. Some traditions really die hard. Kongpob had taken to asking him out every year since 6 years ago and counting, despite the fact that Arthit said no every single time.

Just as he was about to open his mouth, another elf hollered out from the entrance, hurrying Kongpob along to catch up with the group.

"I won't take no for an answer this year!" Kongpon called back, as he scuttled off, leaving a sputtering Arthit in his wake.

"No- But-" Arthit could barely get a sentence out and he was already staring at the back of the speedy elf. Damn those short yet fast legs.

He sighed deeply, trying to refocus his attention on his work at hand. He didn't have time to deal with this right now. He was behind schedule as it was. Yezzie was coming up and he still had a ton of work undone. Arthit blamed Santa for this partially.