SS - Tune Jo Na Kaha (Epilogue)

A/n: Long chapter ahead, with time/place jumps. Do provide in-line comments (I love reading them!) Happy reading :)

~*~

One week later - Mumbai

They had come back to Mumbai yesterday, having spent a fun-filled week with their families. It was as if things were finally on the right track. Finally, they were healing. After the birthday party, she hadn't gotten a chance to talk to Abhimanyu about her feelings, about the possibility of them; their family or the kids never giving them a moment alone.

But she had been gathering courage to have the conversation. To finally take the plunge and follow her heart. She knew how he felt; she could see it in his eyes whenever they lingered on her for just a moment longer than necessary. She could see it in his actions when he'd fuss over the smallest thing if it bothered her. She could see it in the love that he poured over their son. She could see it all, and finally resonate with the depth of his love.

After dinner, when they made their way out to the balcony for their evening coffee, she found the opportune time. "Abhi", she started. She had seldom referred to him as Abhimanyu after the birthday party, something that hadn't gone unnoticed by him, but to which he didn't object either.

He looked up at her with a small smile, making her heart beat just a little faster. Fidgeting with her hands, she suddenly felt nervous. "I, umm, w-would you m-maybe...would you want to go out on a date with me?" She closed her eyes, surprised she actually said it out loud.

Abhimanyu startled, not believing his ears. Did she just? No, she wouldn't have. Would she? His faced revealed the confusion he felt, for she opened her eyes to utter silence. "Abhi", she repeated. "Did you hear me?"

He slowly nodded his head as she pressed on. "Well? What do you say?" She was getting anxious now. Why wasn't he responding? Did she make a move too fast? Was he no longer feeling the same way? Oh gosh, what now?

"You, you really want to go out with me?" He had thought he'd go on without expecting reciprocation of his love, not wanting to burden her with his feelings. But this was making his heart thud faster, a glimmer of hope radiating in his eyes and voice.

"Yes", she responded confidently. He met her eyes, trying to find doubt, fear, hesitancy, anything. But all he saw was love and admiration.

"Yes, because my eyes are always searching for you, content when you're near. Because when you smile, my heart flutters in happiness, wanting to do anything it takes to keep that smile on your face. When you look at me, my heartbeat increases, like you're looking into my soul, seeing me for all that I am and more. I get giddy when you're in close proximity", she chuckled. "To be honest, I didn't think I'd feel this way again, but I do, and I'm so glad. I'm falling in love with you Abhi."

"All over again"

He had tears in his eyes, overwhelmed with her confession. Choking back a sob, he reached over and pulled her into a hug, grasping on tight. "I-I feel like I'm dreaming", he whispered. She hugged him back, staying there for a few moments before pinching his arm a little to let him know this was in fact reality.

"Ow!" He pulled back rubbing his arm, appalled at her action. "What the hell Akshu!" He didn't even realize when the nickname slipped out of his tongue. She grinned, both at his cute face, and the affectionate nickname she'd missed hearing from him.

"You're still a chidkuram", she laughed.

Two months later - Udaipur

Akshu, no! Are you crazy? Abhimanyu admonished her with his eyes.