SS - Tune Jo Na Kaha (4)

A/n: Hello! Repeating, but again, I'm not a medical professional so please forgive any mistakes. Another long update, happy reading :)

~*~

"Hi", Akshara extended her arm out to shake, "my name is Akshara, Akshara Goenka."

"Friends?"

He was flabbergasted, his breathing halted by her words.

"Breathe", she said. He obeyed, finally letting out the breath he was holding. He was still confused, why was she here? What was going on? And Goenka? What the hell?

As if reading all the questions on his face, Akshara chuckled. "Can I come in? We can discuss everything, but I'm pretty hungry, so maybe after breakfast?"

He moved aside, letting her through as she made her way towards the dining room. "Abhir, don't eat all of it! Leave some for us."

"Offo mumma, of course I won't eat it all! Come eat, you too Dad"...he stopped mid-way, looking towards his mother, who just smiled back. While Abhimanyu was struck with a lightning bolt. Junior, his junior was calling him dad? He had to be dreaming. Yes, he was still asleep, and this was all a dream.

A dream he never wanted to wake up from.

"Dadda", Abhir's calling and his little hand enclosed in his brought him back to reality. Wait, reality? He did a once-over, looking at Abhir then Akshara, squeezing Abhir's hand a little to see if he'd disappear. But he just squeezed back, a big grin over his face.

"Come on! I'm hungry!" He pulled him towards the table, and Abhimanyu let him, his day suddenly becoming brighter than the sun.

They ate rather quietly, each stealing glances at one another, not knowing what to say. After breakfast, Abhir helped his Dadda clean up, laughing as they washed dishes together. Akshara stood near the entrance of the kitchen, taking in this moment. Her hands went to her head, warding off any evil eyes from this bond.

Abhir yawned, still tired from traveling so early. Noticing this, Abhimanyu suggested to put him to sleep in his room. Akshara agreed, and both went to tuck him in. When she got to the room, seeing the barren-ness of it all tugged at her heart. A single photo sat on the bedside table. Abhimanyu holding Ruhi and Abhir in his arms, a genuine smile gracing his face. She wiped a lone tear away, before Abhimanyu could catch her. Once Abhir was asleep, they quietly made their way out to the living room, awkwardly sitting on sofa.

The silence of a few moments felt like an eternity had passed.

"Is everything alright? Why are you here?" Abhimanyu finally asked, fidgeting with his hands, not making eye contact with her, while she turned to face him.

"I'm here to apologize." He turned to her, shock written all over his face. She smiled, her eyes brimming with tears. "It's long overdue, don't you think?" She joked, but he tilted his head in disapproval. "Ok, jokes aside, I do owe you an apology. The way I behaved, the way I treated you since we saw each other in Kasauli was harsh. I let my anger, my disappointment drive my actions, blinding my judgement. I refused to see things clearly, to see what I was doing was wrong."

He shook his head, trying to stop her from apologizing. He felt he had deserved it, after what he had done. "No Abhimanyu", she sternly said. "I have to make amends, and you're the last one, the main one I have to apologize to." He wasn't understanding, to which she chuckled, earning a frown from him. "After you left", she began....

Flashback - a few days after Abhimanyu left Udaipur

"Ruhi, are you okay? You seem more sad today", Abhir asked Ruhi on their facetime. They had been speaking daily, both saddened by Abhimanyu's sudden departure.