SS - Abhir's Surgery (2)

A/n: Hello! I'm not a medical professional, so this part and the next may not be 100% medically accurate. Please pardon any mistakes. Happy reading :)

~*~

Abhi.....

That one word, his name uttered from her mouth had the power to shock him out of his stupor. He turned around to see her rushing towards him, frantically looking at him and Abhir.

Akshu....

He finally let out, sending a surge of electricity through her body. Even after all these years, her name uttered so affectionately from his mouth left her stupefied.

"Akshu, Junior...mai kaise? Mere haath...." he mumbled, showing her his trembling hands. He wanted to save his son. His rational mind knew time was of the essence, but his heart just wasn't cooperating. He was stuck in the middle, not knowing how to proceed. His resolve weakening yet again.

Akshara eyed Dr. Rohan, extending her hand to get the scalpel. She placed it in Abhimanyu's hand, clasping his shaking hands around it, and her steady hands over his. "Aankhein band karo Abhi. Apne Mahadev ko yaad karo. Woh tumhe himmat denge, haarne nahi denge tumhe" He followed her instructions like an obedient child. He envisioned his Mahadev, and prayed to him to give him strength. He also recollected his little Mahadev-bhakt, who had brought him closer to his Mahadev once again. Slowly, his breathing started to normalize, his trembling hands also becoming steadier.

Akshara left his hands and looked over to her son. Stroking his hair one last time, she said, "Tumhare DocMan ka naam aise hi DocMan nahi hai. Woh sachme DocMan hai, jinhone kabhi mujhe bachaya tha, aur aaj tumhe bhi bachayenge. Woh tumhe kuch nahi hone denge. Tum bas mumma ke liye strong rehna, okay?" Kissing his forehead, she started stepping back. Abhimanyu opened his eyes with a strengthened resolve and she stared in awe as she saw her Abhi coming back to life. The Abhi she had fallen for. He had that fire back in his eyes, one that she knew had the power to move mountains. He nodded his head in gratitude before starting to spit out orders to his staff.

She made her way out and stood in front of her Kanhaji with eyes closed and folded hands.  While Abhimanyu operated to save their son, she would do her part. Cutting off from the world around her, she prayed. Science and faith working together once again. 

"Har-Har-Mahadev", Abhi chanted, initiating the operation.

"Hi Junior. Aap chinta mat kijiye, mai aapko kuch nahi hone dunga. Aapko aapke DocMan par bharosa haina? Aap bas, mera saath dena, okay? Iske liye, aapko meri baatein maanni hongi. Aap apne DocMan ki baat maanenge na? Of course, aap to good boy ho, toh zaroor maanenge. Waise, ek baar aap theek ho jaaye, phir mai aapke saath dher saara football khelunga." Abhi started talking to his son while operating. Hoping subconsciously, he was listening. He continued to operate, eyeing the vitals machine from time to time. 

An hour passed. All was going as planned, Abhir was doing well during the surgery.

Until, he wasn't.

The erratic beeping alarmed Abhimanyu and the others, Abhir's blood pressure was dropping to a dangerous level. "No, no Junior. Aap sink nahi karsakte. Junior, no cheating. Aapne kaha tha na ke aap meri baat maanenge? Aap kahi nahi jaa sakte, samjhe aap? Aap bhi na, bilkul apni mumma pe gaye ho. Ek dum ziddi. Woh toh kabhi meri baat nahi maanti, aap toh maanlo. Come on, stay with me." Abhimanyu kept talking to Abhir, for a split second remembering how many years ago, his Akshu had been in the same spot as his son, fighting for her life.

Akshara's eyes opened with a jerk, she put her hand on her heart, trying to normalize her breathing. Something was wrong. She felt so anxious, like something bad was happening. The OT light was still on, indicating that the surgery hadn't concluded. She didn't know why, but she knew something had happened. She prayed hard to her Kanhaji, pleading with him to not let any harm befall her son.