SS - Abhi ki Akshu (1)

A/n: Hello! It has been a while, thank you all for the love on this work of mine! I appreciate it. This will be my take on Abhi's accident in Udaipur and the hospital scenes after.

Ps. This has no relation to my previous shorts, it's a stand alone. Happy Reading :)

~*~

Accident.....Bhai-ji!

That's all it took. The mere mention of Abhimanyu being in an accident had Akshara running out of the Goenka house. As she stood at the gate, she saw her worst nightmare become her reality. There, lying in a pool of his blood, was Abhimanyu. He outstretched his hand, his eyes calling out to her.

In that instant, all was forgotten. That wretched day, the past 6 years, all the pain and hurt took a backseat against the one fear that now gripped her being.

Losing him.

Abhiiiii..........

She shrieked. Breaking all shackles, tearing down every wall she built in the past 6 years, she ran.

She ran to the man that had loved her so irrevocably, so unabashedly; with his entire heart.

Falling down next to him, her hands trembled as she slowly brought his head on her lap. She looked at the wounds on his body, blood oozing out everywhere. She shook his face, calling out to him to wake up.

"Abhi! Abhi, open your eyes! This can't be happening, please. Abhi, talk to me! Are you listening? Please, Kahna-ji, this can't be happening. Abhi, open your eyes! Wake up dammit!" She pleaded, she yelled. Anything, for him to open his hazel eyes and let her know he was okay.

In the meantime, the family had rushed out to see Abhimanyu, and stood stunned at the gate at the scene unfolding in front of their eyes.

Abhimanyu, with great difficulty finally heard the callings. His eyes found her, his Akshu; holding his head in her lap, her hands caressing his face, her eyes red with tears, for him. He saw a glimpse of his old Akshu, whose eyes always twinkled with love for him. It was the most beautiful sight he could imagine. He grabbed her hand and brought it close to his heart.

"I....I knew it!" He managed to say."I knew my Akshu would come for me. I knew." He smiled through the pain. A genuine smile, rare in the past 6 years. If these were his last moments, then so be it. Yes, he had many regrets in life, but just knowing that in his final moments, he was with the woman he loved, that was enough for him. Knowing the love they shared wasn't all forgotten from her heart was enough solace for his heart to finally stop beating. He lifted his hand to tuck away a loose strand of hair, old habits die hard.

But before he could caress her face, his smile diminished, her face blurring from his vision as darkness overtook him.

She saw him close his eyes in mere seconds after he had opened them. His hand dropping to his stomach. This was not a good sign.

"Abhi"...she whimpered. No response. Her eyes became hollow, as a sinking feeling settled in. "Abhi, wake up. Talk to me Abhi! No, no this can't be happening, you have to wake up!" Her pleas turned into anger. She kept yelling at him to wake up.

How dare he leave? He couldn't. He wouldn't. Would he?

Manjari was the first to break out of her trance. Her one child had already died, she wouldn't be able to bear the loss of her other one. She ran to her son, while others followed. She got down on the ground, taking his head into her lap, away from Akshara.

As soon as she felt the empty space in her lap, Akshara was hit with realization of what she had just done. She looked at her family members, at Abhinav, as she backed away. She had just run to Abhimanyu, her ex-husband. She had broken down, finally, after 6 years. The side that Abhinav wasn't even privy to. She had cried, for him. She looked at the questioning gazes, but the sight that shook her to the core was of a tiny frame, standing at the back, away from the family. Trembling with fear, with tears running down his face.

Abhir.........

Her eyes widened in shock, as her maternal instincts kicked into overdrive. Her baby had witnessed this? She got up and ran to him, not registering what anyone was saying. She wrapped him up in her arms, trying to reassure him everything was alright.

"Shh, it's okay Abhir. Please stop crying. Mumma is right here, it's okay." She wiped her hands on her sari, trying to get the blood off her hands, so as not to freak Abhir out any further. Abhir calmed down in the warmth of his mother's hug, but the shock of seeing his DocMan laying there, his mumma crying for him had not yet vanished.

"Mu..Mumma", he managed to stutter. "DocMan, is he okay?" She broke the hug to cup his face, wiping away his tears."DocMan is going to be just fine. Don't worry, nothing will happen to him", she said.

Unsure of who she was reassuring, him or herself.

~*~

A/n: Thoughts? I know most was a recap of the episode, but I needed to set the base. I really thought the accident had the potential to turn the story around, but makers, as always, chose not to focus on the leads. This will be my take on what could have happened had Akshu made different choices, circumstances (Abhir being there) would have changed up the equations. Please do vote and provide your feedback. Thank you! :)