SS - Tune Jo Na Kaha (Final)

A/n: There will be some time jumps and the POVs will jump around as well, hopefully it's not too confusing. VERY long chapter ahead, happy reading :)

~*~

Three months later - AK POV

Dear Diary,

It's been three months today, since Abhir and I moved to Mumbai. Three months since Abhimanyu and I became friends, and co-parents. I would have never thought that life would end up like this. Abhir is the happiest I've ever seen, bonding with the men of his family, his Dadda and Dadu. Even Abhimanyu is happier, the sparkle in his eyes has returned. And me, I am finally at peace. I am happy, and healthy. I've carried a lot of baggage since I was a child, and these past six months has let me unburden so much, each day becoming brighter and lighter.

Mumbai was a good decision; not only were Abhimanyu and Abhir able to come closer, but I was also able to come closer to myself, my true self. I started practicing music again, taking Abhir with me to my sessions at Birla Hospital. He loves his musical mumma more than his lawyer mumma, and truth be told, so do I. It reminds me of my own mumma and, keeps me connected to the younger Akshu, one that had dreams of finding herself.

Going to therapy was the right choice for me and Abhir. It has helped Abhir's mind come to terms with our family dynamic. His "papa" is no longer in the picture, but this hasn't deterred him. I was shocked when Abhinav decided to just cut us off, specifically Abhir. I felt guilty for yet again messing up his life, but Abhimanyu assured me that he'd be alright, that we'd be there for him. Abhir also realized the importance of the people that are in his life, and he's holding onto them.

His idea of "happy family" has evolved, and he's accepted that though his mumma and dadda love him, they're friends, and co-parents. It warms my heart to know that he's not confused anymore, and just living his childhood as he should be. We're getting pictures taken for Abhir's school today, and he's been so excited to finally get a family picture of us that's not a selfie! He's obsessed with showing us off, letting the whole world know that his mumma-dadda are TWBP (The world's best parents).

Later that day - Author POV

"Mumma, hurry up!" Abhir screamed, his mumma took so long to get ready.

Akshara: "Coming, baba."

"Is she ready yet, Junior?" Abhimanyu walked in to her apartment, looking dapper in his suit. "No", Abhir groaned, earning a chuckle from his father. "Here, let me fix your tie in the meantime." He kneeled down to Abhir fixing his matching tie. "You look so handsome Junior!" He kissed Abhir's forehead, as Abhir smiled wide. "Just like you, Dadda!" He winked.

Just then, Akshara walked out in her black sari, again warding off any evil eyes. "Wow, you both look amazing, so handsome!" She complimented, while Abhimanyu looked down sheepishly. She looked beautiful, and his heart swarmed with butterflies at her compliment. Gosh, was he a lovestruck teenager? He was surely behaving that way. Get a grip Abhimanyu! He mentally chided himself, reminding his heart to stay within its limits. They were just Abhir's parents, and good friends. Nothing else.

"Wow mumma, you look so pretty, doesn't she dadda? Thursday Thursday Thursday", he said, warding off her evil eyes, as she chuckled. She really was beautiful. Abhimanyu nodded lightly, agreeing with his son before pulling him out. "Let's go?" He asked.

When they reached, the photographer took various pictures. Some with just Abhir, some with father-son, and some with mother-son. Finally it was time for the full family picture. Abhir stood proudly in front of his parents, grinning from ear to ear.