28.

Seungcheol Pov

The next week

I was on my way to Yeseul's office to pick her up. I reached the building when I saw Yeseul standing outside with a guy. He was around my height, he had sharp features and his jet black hair slicked back with a few strands escaping onto his forehead. He was wearing black pants and a white shirt with the first two buttons unbuttoned and a silver necklace resting on his exposed pecs, his sleeves were rolled up to his elbow exposing his veiny arms, he had a silver watch on left arm and metal bracelet on his right. 

They were laughing and conversing with each other, It felt like they were talking forever. He glanced down at his watch, saying something to Yeseul before patting her head and walking into the building. So he came down just to drop her? Who the hell is this guy?

Yeseul spotted my car and made her way over, acting as if nothing had happened. I sighed as she opened the door and got in, buckling her seat belt. Doubt in a relationship is never good...I should just ask her.

I started speaking "Who was that guy with you?" "Who? the one I was with outside the building?" I nodded, It's as if she expected me to ask exactly that...am I being petty? "Oh he's just a co-worker."  She responded nonchalantly. "Ah I see. I don't have a rival, do I"  I laughed, but I definitely wasn't joking when I said that. She laughed along but didn't deny anything. 

Why didn't she deny it? am I overthinking this? she would never...cheat on me, would she?

*************

I was standing in front of Jeonghan's house. I always subconsciously end up here whenever I have a problem, I can always speak my heart to him and he always directs me to the right path.

He opened the door. "Hey, come in! Seungkwan isn't home right now, he's at his Vernon's place. He'll be back home tomorrow."  He informed, letting me in. I nodded and hummed a response, making my way over to the couch and sitting down and sighing, barely audible but he noticed. He always does. He brought two bottles of beer and two glasses. "Wanna talk about it?"  

I sighed again and told him everything from the phone call from that male co-worker at Jihoon's birthday dinner to the random calls she got in the evenings that she just dismissed as 'work calls' to what I saw and how she responded to what I said today. "Since his birthday it's been like this, she not like her normal self. Do you think she got bored of me after 3 years and now she looking for an alternative-"  I vented to him, not looking up

"Seungcheol."  He got up from his seat to the right of me and sat down next me, handing me my glass. I took a sip and leaned back onto the couch, closing my eyes. "Don't immediately think to such extremes Cheol-ah. Have you talked to her? Told her you feel uneasy about this whole situation? That you want to know who Ijun Seo is, who exactly she's talking to on the phone, who that guy from today was? have you told her what you told me? Did you express your concerns? You can't always expect the other person to know your feelings, If you don't tell them then how would they know? This applies to everything not just this situation. You have to communicate Seungcheol."

I listened to him quietly, realizing that he's right. I never directly communicated with her. Maybe if I asked her straight away, I wouldn't be sitting here complaining in the first place. "...You're right. Maybe I just lack courage." Jeonghan smiled at me and placed his hand on my shoulder. "Talk to her like you did with me Cheol-ah. I know you can do it."  I nodded.

"I'll talk to her tomorrow, can I stay over tonight?"  I asked hesitantly. I still felt like a coward for hiding from my problems. "You don't have to ask"  He smiled at me.