Lucy Bronze x Reader (36) & Alexia Putellas x Character (7)

Start from the beginning

YFN: Your eyes aren't smiling. Try again, please.

She knew it was cheeky, but she needed a bit of cheekiness if she had any chance of cheering Lucy up. She looked at her phone at the tickets to the game that Lucy had sent her. She'd sent two as each player was usually given a minimum of two. She felt her lips tremble as tears slid down her face looking at those tickets.

Another message from Lucy came through.

Lucy: This is the best I can do right now, little one.

She'd sent a selfie with it. She still looked a little sad, but her smile was wider as she snapped a selfie of herself and Alexia on the plane. They were sitting next to each other which wasn't a surprise to her; Lucy had told her how close they'd gotten. Alexia was smiling at the phone, her teeth on show, though it also didn't quite reach her eyes. The two most influential players in the Barcelona roster, both going into a game with hurting hearts.

Lucy and YFN had a long conversation the night before, after they realised there was no chance of a flight and were back in bed. Lucy had told YFN all about Alexia's mystery woman and what had occurred. She'd also been shocked, though she didn't misunderstand the woman as much as Lucy had. From what happened, it sounded like she was a little broken and it made her wonder what had happened in her life to make her that way. YFN was always genuinely interested about people, their true motives and what made them tick. This mystery woman was no exception to that. Lucy had been vocal about her worry, though YFN had eased that by letting her know that if it was Alexia of all people she was interested in, then that says a lot about her true self. Alexia was so unapologetically herself. She was a strong, outspoken leader, yet with a soft side that she held close to her. Not dissimilar to Lucy. She didn't believe Alexia could be manipulated easily, and she didn't believe the mystery woman was trying to take advantage of her. If she'd been doing that, she would have disappeared so often. It sounded to her as if she was trying to put some distance between her and her feelings for the Barcelona Captain.

When she'd explained all of that, Lucy took it all in and understood it a little better. That protective side softened a bit, though it was still present.

YFN: You're beautiful. I love

YFN stopped typing. Was she about to say she loved her? She'd caught herself the night before on the phone also. She shook her head and backspaced the message, typing it out again before pressing send.

YFN: You're beautiful, Luce. I'm so lucky. Please have a safe flight and a good game.... And can you do me a favour? No cards tonight please. You or Alexia. Message me after. x

YFN left the message like that, knowing that Lucy needed her space before the game, as much as she didn't want to admit it. Usually it was okay but at the moment YFN knew that texts from her were upsetting her and wouldn't help her getting into her game mindset.

YFN looked back at her phone for flights. The game started in four and a half hours. The flight to Barcelona was two hours. For some reason, she still had hope, even though she knew she'd have just over a three hour drive to Villareal even if she managed to get a flight. She looked back at the private flights taking off and shook her head in annoyance.

Suddenly, a thought came to her head. Why hadn't she thought of it before?! She scrolled through her contacts and found the one she wanted, calling it.

As reliable as ever, she answered.

"Hey baby Blue, what's doing?" Ridley asked. YFN didn't realise how much she missed her voice.

"Hey Riddles, how are you?"

She sighed.

"That bad?"

"Mmn. I made a mistake."