X

┏━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━┓

chapter ten

I SHOW OFF MY MAD SKILLZ

PERCY

┏━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━┓

In Percy's dream, he sat before a campfire in an otherwise desolate land. He brought his hand to the sand before him and scooped up a handful, letting each particle slip through his fingers and blow in the wind.

He noticed a light encroaching in the distance, catching his attention. He furrowed his eyebrows as he watched a dim orange glow slowly drift closer, over the rise of a hill, carried by a crooked figure.

Ah, he left you here. Percy stood up, feeling a shiver in his spine. It was the same voice as last time. Left you with nothing.

Percy frowned, considering these words as the voice sighed. I know how you feel. You want what's been taken from you.

Behind him, Percy felt a small tremor in the ground. His heart raced as he turned around, gasping at the sight of the very land sinking in.

You want justice.

The ground continue to sink in, inching closer and closer to Percy. A single yell escape his mouth as he fell straight down, his heart sinking right through with the earth.

He gasped as he shot awake, the nightmare ending. He looked up. Very few people were in the cabin, though most of them congregated around Luke. They all watched Percy as he sat up, rubbing his tired eyes, the events of the previous day catching up to him.

Luke rose to his feet. "You okay?"

Percy threw his bedroll off. "Super."

"We all have them y'know," Luke said, clicking his tongue. "Intense, recurring nightmares. That's normal here. And the daydreams, and the ADHD, and dyslexia." Percy stood up, walking closer to Luke, though he stumbled a bit. Being shaken out of your sleep so suddenly will do that to you.

"Demigods just process reality differently than humans do," Luke explained. "For the first time in your life, you're just like everyone else."

But am I? "So... are you also... Do you not know who your-"

"Am I... unclaimed?" Luke finished. His face took a serious turn, making Percy halt. "No. Hermes is my father." The look in his eyes suddenly changed and he just shrugged, his gentle demeanor coming back. Percy still didn't like that previous look though. "It doesn't matter. We're all on the same team here."

Percy frowned. "Why is that okay? Why do they get to bring us here to just ignore some of us?"

Luke sighed. "Spend too much time trying to figure out why the gods do whatever it is they do, you'll drive yourself crazy. Sooner you stop worrying about that, the sooner you can enjoy what this place actually does offer."

Percy tilted his head. "And what's that?"

Luke grinned. "Gl-"

"Honeycomb!"

Percy blinked. "Honeycomb?" Then he realized that wasn't Luke's voice. He turned his head and saw Sen entering the cabin, a big block of raw honeycomb in her hand. She had the sticky solution all over her mouth and her hair was pinned back by a claw clip.